This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just told you this!!!

Here is a funny incident that happened at work today. I am a "Lot Supervisor" who oversees the carts and parking lot maintenance with the other 5 guys that work outside. I just got off lunch a few hours earlier and was currently the only one working that shift. I was pushing the carts up and there were 6 electric carts parked off to the side for the handicapped. One guy comes in and he asks, "Do you have ANY carts that WORK?"

Me-- (pointing)Yes, all 6 of them work, so just pick one out and unplug it.

Customer--(stares blankly at me as if he didn't understand what I even said and then asks again)So these carts work then?

Me-- Yes, the carts work. I just brought two of them in and they work fine. The others have all been recharged as well.
    Customer--(blank stare and then asks AGAIN)So where are the ones that work?

I was getting very irritated by now, having just explained twice that the SIX carts sitting before this guy are fully charged and that they work. So I spoke again in a very slow tone so that he would understand.

Me-- All six of these carts work, sir! Look, they're all on full power and they will run fine. I just told you this before!

The customer stares blankly at me again and then asks, "So they work then?"

I sighed in defeat, realizing that there was no further reason to explain it to this guy. I had just explained it the way I would to a 2-year old to understand and he's still standing there like he has no idea I had said anything. So I said simply and sarcastically, "No, sir, they're all broken."

Customer--(whining) Well how am I going to get my shopping done NOW???

Me-- I don't know. These things happen.

And then I walked away, wondering if the guy was having a mental problem. Half an hour later, he was still sitting on a bench and grumbling about how none of the operational electric carts work even when other handicapped customers were coming inside the store and using them without any problems.

Say what? Really? Ow. That hurt my brain. *rubs her brain*
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
      Say what? Really? Ow. That hurt my brain. *rubs her brain*
      Just wash your hands first so you don't get an infection
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

sometimes i wonder if these are the people who write those letters to PFB

Comment

Oh geeze....wonder if he'd ask that about the nonmotorized ones...where am i? Of course he would....

Comment

I get people like that all the time asking about the NON-motorized carts as well. But this guy was just plain off his rocker because I don't think I ever had to explain more than twice to any customer that the electric carts work right. Even the ones who are slow in the head seem to understand what I'm saying. I never found out if this guy realized that the electric carts are running, but I don't really care. If he was going to sit there and pout about all the carts not running even while OTHER people are walking in to use the handicapped carts without a problem, he needs to belong in some assisted living place. Does the guy go to his house and throw a fit about having no toilet paper when there are 2 packages of toilet paper sitting right there in front of his face?

Comment

Working...
            X