X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workmen abused for doing their jobs

Story here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-closures.html

Challenges to fights, abuse, being sworn at? The villagers would be complaining more if the water was cut off! What makes people think they have the right to get away with such behaviour?
    Last edited by crazylegs; 08-24-2012, 01:54 PM. Reason: Fixed the link.

That story reminded me of this one in America. I don't understand why the workmen can't file charges of harassment against these people.

http://copnattitude.blogspot.com/200...ana-caper.html
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Maybe the workmen should sue for a hostile workplace environment.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Some of the comments there make me laugh, but it's good to see that the majority are on the side of the workers.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

yep. money doesn't buy class

Comment

Oh man...that makes my old job for satellite tv tech support seem tame compared the abuse these poor guys get dished out by these rich assholes. They should be able to get 'em where it hurts...the wallet. As in ticket and fine them for disorderly conduct, harassment, etc. with a huge fine and/or jail time for each offense.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Did any of you catch some of the comments? It seems that a few of them are blaming outsiders while a few outsiders are blaming the ones who live close by.

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                They should be able to get 'em where it hurts...the wallet. As in ticket and fine them for disorderly conduct, harassment, etc. with a huge fine and/or jail time for each offense.
                Community service, like they other story had the lady picking up trash with the rest of the local petty criminals, would be better. See how they like being lumped in with the other criminals and doing an honest day's worth of labor.

Comment

Nothing like working to better the community and catching hell for it.

Comment

Mr Pullen added: 'One woman asked why I couldn't work 24 hours a day to finish faster and another woman took photos of us every time we stopped for a break.

Good God.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                      Mr Pullen added: 'One woman asked why I couldn't work 24 hours a day to finish faster and another woman took photos of us every time we stopped for a break.
                      She'd have a field day here in Pennsylvania, right MadMike? PennDOT employees are *always* on break, it seems

Seriously though, it sucks having your utilities go out. Even more so...when they're all going out randomly like after I moved in 2006. Seemed like every night I'd come home to no electricity, water, or gas service My house doesn't get all that cold, but having to take cold showers during the winter sucked ass.

At least the water company was working on it--they were replacing the lines. After 50 years, there were some bad leaks on my street. One so bad, that you'd get ice...and a constant stream into the yards and driveways across the street. About the same time, the gas company decided to not only replace the lines, but the meters as well. We had about 6 months of construction, torn up yards, driveways, and intermittent service. Annoying as hell, but 6 years later, the service upgrades worked well.

As for the electric service, that too has been upgraded. It's rare that the power goes off in storms now. If it does, it's because someone either hit a pole, or the lines are truly fucked.

Back on topic, it never ceases to amaze me how rich people act. They all think that because they have money, that the rest of us have to kiss their ass. Then they whine about how "rudely" they were treated, how "the service sucks," or "I'm being badmouthed on CS"
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                        Seriously though, it sucks having your utilities go out. Even more so...when they're all going out randomly like after I moved in 2006. Seemed like every night I'd come home to no electricity, water, or gas service My house doesn't get all that cold, but having to take cold showers during the winter sucked ass.

At least the water company was working on it--they were replacing the lines. After 50 years, there were some bad leaks on my street. One so bad, that you'd get ice...and a constant stream into the yards and driveways across the street. About the same time, the gas company decided to not only replace the lines, but the meters as well. We had about 6 months of construction, torn up yards, driveways, and intermittent service. Annoying as hell, but 6 years later, the service upgrades worked well.
                        I hope that in your case the gas and water companies (electric gets a break because it's on poles rather than underground) got together and co-ordinated things (i.e. dig up the street, replace BOTH the gas and water pipes, then close things up again). Would be cheaper for them (split the cost of digging), and less disruption for their customers (street only dug up once).
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X