Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder if there are rocket ships in heaven... (Neil Armstrong has died)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if there are rocket ships in heaven... (Neil Armstrong has died)

Neal Armstrong, first man on the moon, dead at 82.

End of an era.

Neil Armstrong has died

The first man on the moon passed away today at the age of 82.

The statement from his family is here: http://tinyurl.com/cex4o7c
    Last edited by JoitheArtist; 08-25-2012, 07:59 PM. Reason: fixed link
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Sadly the link doesn't work for me. However, I'm stunned. I had no idea he was that old.

Rapscallion

Comment

Just found out via Twitter. RIP.
        A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

(Fixed the link, hopefully it works now.)
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I am saddened by this. I was part of the team that helped put him on the moon. I was a co-op engineering student at Cape Kennedy and worked in the office that had responsibility for the digital computer and data adapter on the moon rocket.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Wow...man and I was so thrilled when I got to glimpse him in FL once. Course I didn't know who he was at the time...only that he was important.

Comment

Neil Armstrong and the Moon landing is my first memory.

RIP, Neil. Every time I look at a full moon, I'll think of you.

B
                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

He took that last giant leap. RIP.

I have a sudden urge to go outside and look at the moon.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Just got home about an hour ago and heard this on the TV. I cried. I remember watching the moon landing on TV. It's funny, I kept looking at the moon while we were out...not knowing until later that the first man to set foot on it had died.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Was just at Johnson Space Center in June, so this makes it seem even more real to me than it already would have been. He was one of my heroes in grade school, along with Evel Knievel. I was born almost a year after that historic first step, so that history was definitely part of my upbringing and education.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Ironic that within the past week my local paper had an article about the flags on the moon - the first one was knocked down (too close to the lunar module, hit by rocket blast when they took off) but the others (at least the poles they were hung from) are still standing. As for the flags themselves, if they haven't been destroyed by ultraviolet light affecting the nylon, they're no longer U.S. flags - the ultraviolet light over the past 40 years would have bleached them white.

For such a major project, you'd think that they'd have made up "unbleachable" pigment-dyed flags with a fabric chosen for its resistance to ultraviolet light.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X