Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had that happen at my last job, and they are a world wide company. Turns out they switched the payroll processor software or company (can't remember now). Cue tens of thousands of people all contacting HR to want to know where their money was...

Comment

You definitely have my sympathy ... I'm still waiting for my last paycheque from the newspaper -- I left in June. This was the same place that didn't pay me for seven months ...

Crossing my fingers that it's just a glitch!

Comment

My sympathy patiokitty.

The same thing happened to me twice in one year when I worked for a major telco that features animals in their ads.

To their credit they did pay all NSF fees after their screw-up.

Mind you, the bank I briefly worked for didn't want to pay me either - for two months. <wibble>

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

It sounds like it genuinely wasn't your company's fault, so at least there's that.

Comment

My company's bank did the same thing, on the same day! First it was "it'll be in there by noon," Then "3 pm," then "5 pm"...except that most banks here don't process direct deposits after 3 pm, or at all on weekends. Most of my co-workers seem to have gotten paid now, but I just checked my account, and nothing. Electric is overdue, dogs are out of food, and the shoes I wear to walk to work are literally worn through on the bottom, so I needed to get to the store today...guess it ain't happening.

This is only the second time this has happened in the 3+ years I've worked there, and it was resolved faster last time. The thing that gets me is that we get a memo from the office saying that "it affects everyone in the company" like we shouldn't be irritated that we didn't get paid. Okay...it affects everyone, but I doubt the DM is going to have his electricity turned off if he doesn't get that money within a day or two!

Comment

Once, a few jobs and many years ago, someone in the bank mis-read an account number, and resulted in the bank system trying to pay the entire company out of our cleaners account.
              First thing we knew about it (no online banking back then) was her turning up hysterical in the office, trying to cope with an unexpected many thousands of pounds overdraft!
              Bank sorted it out the same day, and it was the only hiccup in the several years I worked there.

Hopefully that's the same for you, just one instance of human/computer error, not actually a warning sign.

Comment

Yea... that's evil. Reminds me of when I used to work for Enmark and got skipped on 2 paychecks for some odd reason for which still till this day I don't know. Prolly something with HR and being new but yea... the manager literally begged me not to quit like every day. Was flattering, and funny haha, but they did make it up by giving me the 2 checks and half a check for the wait so that was nice at least. But I feel your pain, always sux ass to need that money and it not be there.

Comment

Quoth Quillsilver View Post
                  *snip* The thing that gets me is that we get a memo from the office saying that "it affects everyone in the company" like we shouldn't be irritated that we didn't get paid. Okay...it affects everyone, but I doubt the DM is going to have his electricity turned off if he doesn't get that money within a day or two!
                  This is what got me too. I'm sure the CEO and even my General Manager didn't have to worry. They weren't living paycheck to paycheck like most of us peons were/are. So happy it's happening to everyone, are you going to buy me a pack of diapers and a bag of cat food so I can get in the door?

Comment

I'm in fast food, in a store run by a small (like 8-10 stores) franchise in "Tennabama"...lol. But it might be the same bank!
                    Money finally went in Monday @ 11:30 am in a wire transfer....which means my bank charged me a $15 transfer fee. So now I have to hike my butt across town to get a copy of my statement to show my DM so he can get it back for me. Oh, and Netflix got confused when I tried to suspend my account and then reopened it when the money arrived...so they've charged me three times for this month. If that doesn't sort itself later today, I'll be on the phone with them.
                    One poor girl never did get her money b/c she was getting paid on a WM money card (she just got her bank account opened up), and they don't accept wire transfers at all. We had to do a cash paid out from the till!

Comment

Fun. At my last job, before they forced everyone into getting direct deposit, the paper checks were sent from California to Indiana and they usually got there the morning of payday. Well, one year payday was Christmas Eve and the checks didn't get there for some reason. Loooots of unhappy people. I know that my boss let at least one person borrow money because she hadn't bought her kids any Christmas presents and they would have literally had nothing if he hadn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X