Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have wonderfull coworkers. (and a friend)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have wonderfull coworkers. (and a friend)

So you don't have to wait for the end: My dad is fine

I was at register the other day ringing, when my supervisor came over and told me to go pick up the phone, and had another coworker jump on and ring.

It was the town police saying my dad had been found at home unconscious and was being transported by ambulance to the hospital. When I went back to my supervisor I hadn't even finished telling her what happened before she said go.

I punched out and was coming down stairs from the time clock when one of my coworkers stop me and told me to breath (Apparently I was starting to hyperventilate.) She talked to me for a minute hugged me and made sure I had her phone number in case I needed anything.

On the drive, when I felt my self starting to panic again, I put my phone in my gps holder, went through my contacts and called my friend. The first thing out of my mouth was talk, I don't care about what I just need to talk. After a brief question about what was going on, we talked about life, school, boys, and anything else not related to what was going on. It kept me calm for the rest of the 20 minute drive.

My dad is fine now, but since I had not information to go on for the drive, my mind kept going to the worst.

*HUGS* glad to hear your Dad is fine, and that you have such great, understanding people in your life!
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I forgot to mention the wonderful nurse. After being there for almost 2 hours, finding out he was in on danger but they wanted him there for at least a few more hours, I decided to go home. My dad didn't want me to, and after about a half an hour of 'five more minutes' the nurse told him to let me go. (I made sure she had both my home and cell number so that she could reach me)

Comment

Working...
      X