Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another wrestling legend on the critical list (Still breaking)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another wrestling legend on the critical list (Still breaking)

Disclaimer: This is still breaking and may change.

Jerry "The King" Lawler collapsed off-camera on tonight's Monday Night Raw, and has had CPR administered backstage. He's currently breathing on his own, and I hope he continues to stay that way.

Twitter account of Arda Ocal, who attented tonight's event and is tweeting updates.

WWE.com page reporting updates.

Jerry has been with the wwe forever it seems. He is one of the greats. I hope he pulls through.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Thought I might make a mention. I've gotten texts from friends that say Jerry seems to be doing okay, in a manner of speaking, he's made efforts to talk and they're still keeping him under heavy observation.

Was watching the show when it happened, you could see when he went down during the match being called. It was...rather unpleasant overall. Never good when an arena full of thousands of people all goes silent at once.

Just from seeing, it looked a lot like when my mom had her heart attack...literally he was fine one minute, talking like normal, calling the match, although he sounded a little winded (but everyone assumed it was from the match he wrestled before this obviously), and the next minute, bam, he was down, just that fast. It was just so fast, there's no other way to describe it.
      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Best wishes out to Mr. Lawler. Always been a fan of his work in the ring.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I just met him July 7th, he is awesome(I've loved him as an announcer for years), though hubs was a tad miffed when out of all the female fans waiting, I got a hug, though I think it was more of a "not touching anyone who looks under 18" thing.

Pic here, yes I was flustered after the hug, this was "not quite composed" blaqueKatt(I'm not a fan of hugs)
          Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 09-12-2012, 12:04 AM.
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

There are just some names you think are going to be around forever. Good ol' JR. Jerry 'The King' Lawler. Undertaker. The list goes on. You KNOW they will go eventually, as all things pass..but they are so ingrained into the wrestling business that when they finally retire..or unfortunately pass away .. that it comes as a great shock. I can't even imagine a time when "Hulk Hogan" (Though no longer part of WWE he still is part of the business) won't have SOMETHING to do with wrestling. My mind can not grasp a time when some of the oldies won't show up from time to time to show the new batch how it is done (Hot Rod Roddy Piper, Sgt Slaughter...).

Lawler was not always a good guy, he had his dirty tricks..he wasn't always a bad guy..there were times he was the fan favorite. He is a legend though, and legends..they don't ever truly go away. So even if he retires after this..his name will be forever etched in history. At least until this one wrestling fan leaves this world, or develops worse memory issues then I have currently.

Jerry, get better..get better soon. The industry will not be the same until you are back commentating..and even though regardless what happens you will ALWAYS be there in the minds of some..it is just not the same. I am not usually such a 'fanboy', but I am a huge fan of Jerry. Good, bad, ugly..he was/is/and will be 'The King'
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Brian Christopher
              WrestlingNewsSource ‏@WNSource
              BREAKING: Brian Christopher "The CT scan of my dad's brain came back good!" Many Memphis Local News Stations Reporting NO Brain Damage Too.
              It's being reported that Lawler has NOT suffered any brain damage!

That is great news.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Update: Lawler is awake, alert and talking and laughing with friends and family. Looks like he managed to cheat death this time.

Rumors are he may make his return at an Oct. 16 WWE show in...take one guess...Memphis.

Long live the King baby!
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

WWE put up a Tout video from Jerry. He looks AMAZING for someone who nearly died three days ago.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    WWE put up a Tout video from Jerry. He looks AMAZING for someone who nearly died three days ago.
                    No doubt. He's really no-selling that heart attack.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                      No doubt. He's really no-selling that heart attack.
                      He's no-selling death.

That's goddamn badass.

Comment

I'm glad that he's doing better. I just hope that he takes it easy for a while.
                        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                        X