This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameful!

I got a call from an angry customer this afternoon telling me that it was "shameful" that I was behind processing paid loans. I told her that I'd move hers to the top of the stack, but it could still be a week before she got it. (I was including time for the mail to get to her.)

Apparently, that wasn't good enough. She said if she didn't get it within a week, she was going to call my manager. And because of the way I handled this, she said she'd be unlikely to work with our bank again.

Ok... This was her only account with us, ever. We only agreed to do her loan because the mortgage broker she was working with couldn't place such a small mortgage with any other bank. Her loan probably cost us more in person-hours than we earned in interest over the 3 years she had the loan. (Loans that go through a broker are a lot more labor-intensive.) And to top it off, we don't work with that mortgage broker or do business in the part of that part of the state any more.

So, talk about an empty threat.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Really? Does she promise not to come back? Because unless she promises, I don't believe her. My customers say it all the time, and some do stay away, but most keep coming back.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I am always amazed at the way people who've never done a particular type of work in their lives know exactly how much time it should take to get the work done.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic, if you couldn't tell...
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        Because unless she promises, I don't believe her.
        Better yet, get it in writing ^_^
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Better yet, get it in writing ^_^
          Darn! I was so going to say that!
          "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

As I said, I very much doubt that she'll do any other business with us, since she lives outside of our normal business area.

And hers wasn't the oldest paid loan I needed to process. I've got some as far back as June that still need to be done. Hers was only a month old. I am behind, but I'm trying to get caught up on them today.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
            X