This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair, Fluff and Glass

Today will forever be known as Food and Drink “Tampering” Day.

Hair

Took two meals out to a couple. About five minutes later the woman started screaming.

SC: THERE’S A PUBIC HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIRRRR IN MY FOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD!

I rushed over.

Me: Did you just say there is a hair in your food? Can I take a look? Is everything OK?

She grabbed the plate and prevented me from reaching it.

SC: No! No! No! You’re not getting the chance to remove the evidence! There is a dirty, dirty body hair in my dinner!!!!!!11111!!!
    Me: Can I just take a look?
    SC: Noooooooooooooooooooo!!

Her boyfriend spoke up.

BF: Let him look. I want to see it too. I haven’t seen it.
    SC: It’s ummm…gone.
    Me: Gone?
    SC: Yeah….ummm…it must have blown away….

I was feeling a bit confused. I didn’t want to start a conflict, as there was a chance that a hair might have ended up in her food (not a pubic one however) so I tried to find a happy-medium.

Me: Can I get you guys a drink for the inconvenience? Or perhaps a fresh meal?
    SC: GO AWAY!!

Don’t know what the deal was. She didn’t demand compensation, she didn’t want anything and yet I am absolutely convinced she was lying.

Fluff

I carried out a meal to a woman that was wearing a very fluffy/shaggy red woollen jumper. She started eating. Five minutes later, she called me over.

SC: There is red fluff in my dinner!!!

I looked at it. It matched her jumper exactly.

SC: It has quite clearly come off the uniform of your dirty cook!
    Me: Our cooks wear black and white. Not red. Perhaps it came off your own jumper.
    SC: Do you have any idea how much this cost? It does not shed! It was your cooks uniform! Just admit it, idiot.

I would have been more polite had she not used the word idiot.

Me: Would you like me to bring the cook out to prove he isn’t wearing red???
    SC: *blank stare*
    Me: Fine then.

I heard her mutter “I’ve never encountered someone so rude in my life!!!!” to her friend.

Glass

Co-worker was working behind the bar. She accidentally knocked a wine glass onto the floor and smashed it. She quickly tidied it up. Suddenly, a customer called me over.

SC: A shard of glass landed in my drink!!!

The customer was sat about ten feet away from where CW broke the glass. He was also around the corner, so unless the shards of glass grew the capability of jumping over bar tops and bending around corners like bullets out of the movie Wanted, there was no way he was telling the truth.

His stupid wife jumped in.

SW: I think we should get a fresh bottle of wine for freeeeeeee!!

I looked. Oh yes. That’s why. They were almost finished with their first bottle.

Me: Can I just have a look in your glass?
    SC: No you cannot!
    Me: OK, I will just go grab a manager.

I couldn’t be bothered to deal with them. However, neither could manager. She did however offer them a free glass of wine each.

SC: We want a bottle!
    M: I’m sorry, but you had practically finished your drinks. I’m more than happy to offer you a glass but that’s it.
    SW: But you threw glass all over him!!!!111!!
    M: No one threw glass over him.
    SC: I got covered in glass and you’re not even offering compensation!
    M: I have offered you a free glass of wine.
    SW: THAT’S NOT WHAT WE WANT!!!!1111!!
    M: That’s all you’re getting. Take it or leave it.
    SC: We’ll leave it! But just you wait! We will….we will…well….just you wait!

They stormed out.

Seriously, there was no way in hell that the broken glass got within ten feet of them.

Geez, I'd be embarrassed if I made a scene with witnesses surrounding me who clearly saw what happened and knew there was no glass in the vicinity.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    The customer was sat about ten feet away from where CW broke the glass. He was also around the corner, so unless the shards of glass grew the capability of jumping over bar tops and bending around corners like bullets out of the movie Wanted, there was no way he was telling the truth.
    As I read this, this scene immediately sprung to mind. That is one magic shard of glass!
    Last edited by thehuckster; 09-14-2012, 11:52 PM.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Hair: I suspect she has a mental problem. Well, I know she has a mental problem, but in this case I mean clinically.

Fluff: Twat.

Glass: Fail-scammers.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ms. Hair in My Dinner: Oh, it blew away, huh? Problem solved. I really loved the "GO AWAY!" HAHA, scam-fail!

I don't care if you paid a million dollars--or pounds--for your jumper (I believe that's a pullover sweater to us Yanks), if it's thick, fluffy, shaggy yarn, IT WILL SHED.

And the glass guy? "Covered in glass," huh? I'd have run my hand down his arm, then looked at my hand and noticed (loudly) that there were no cuts and no bits of glass on it.

I'm just amazed that so many people even think of doing things like this. Lying, screaming, making a scene over something that didn't even affect them. They have no shame, I guess.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Hehehe - this makes me think of the scene in Victor, Victoria, with the cockroach. Where she very gingerly shakes it out into her salad and chaos ensues!

Comment

Saw a CRML posting and I was not disappointed. Ahhhhhh. /relieved sigh

Comment

Today will forever be known as Food and Drink “Tampering” Day.

Hair

Took two meals out to a couple. About five minutes later the woman started screaming.

SC: THERE’S A PUBIC HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIRRRR IN MY FOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD!

I rushed over.

Me: Did you just say there is a hair in your food? Can I take a look? Is everything OK?

She grabbed the plate and prevented me from reaching it.

SC: No! No! No! You’re not getting the chance to remove the evidence! There is a dirty, dirty body hair in my dinner!!!!!!11111!!!
              Me: Can I just take a look?
              SC: Noooooooooooooooooooo!!

Her boyfriend spoke up.

BF: Let him look. I want to see it too. I haven’t seen it.
              SC: It’s ummm…gone.
              Me: Gone?
              SC: Yeah….ummm…it must have blown away….

I was feeling a bit confused. I didn’t want to start a conflict, as there was a chance that a hair might have ended up in her food (not a pubic one however) so I tried to find a happy-medium.

Don’t know what the deal was. She didn’t demand compensation, she didn’t want anything and yet I am absolutely convinced she was lying.

We had that same thing happen at my pizza place a couple of years ago.

Busy Friday night. 2 pizza order goes out to one of the hotels. The customer calls back specifically claiming there was a PUBIC hair in their pizza. They then demanded that ALL employees have they DNA tested to find out whose hair it was.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Did you have Scott Tennaman from South Park as your cook? That can be the only way a pube can wind up in someone's food.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Hair: ...

Fluff: ...

Glass: Fail-scammers.

^-.-^
                  All three: fail scammers.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Not that the third complaint was, in any way, valid; however, I have broken a glass in a restaurant before, and found pieces of it more than 20 feet away-one of them had actually bounced and landed smack dab in the middle of the booth seat, 1.5 feet off of the ground. Had a customer sat on that, well we all know how that would have gone. Some of those glasses REALLY explode on impact! Going around corners, though? Not so much.
                    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Sounds like she was embarrassed at her own lame attempt for a scam.

I heard her mutter “I’ve never encountered someone so rude in my life!!!!” to her friend.
                      and expecting people to fall for lame scams ISN'T rude?

Me: Can I just have a look in your glass?
                      SC: No you cannot!
                      Dang. i guess all the scammers get offended when you call them out on their lame scams.

found pieces of it more than 20 feet away-one of them had actually bounced and landed smack dab in the middle of the booth seat, 1.5 feet off of the ground.
                      I believe it. But since the SC wouldn't even let them look, and then changed it to "threw glass all over us" I'm doubting anything even came close to them... except a bruise to their egos.

Comment

Glass

<Snip>

The customer was sat about ten feet away from where CW broke the glass.

<Snip>

Seriously, there was no way in hell that the broken glass got within ten feet of them.
                        I'm sorry, but I just can't help but point out that; yes, it could technically have gotten within ten feet of them. (Hey, 9 feet eleven inches is still within 10 feet )

As for hair lady, she probably realised that her BF wanting to see the hair as well meant she had been caught out and lost the will to follow through. If only more SC's had someone with them to call them out on their BS. *Le Sigh*
                        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                        X