Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She actually read the sign or kind of...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boxes are usually recycled. Any box that qualified was supposed to be put in the compactor bin. It's just another corporate way of squeezing more money out of a business.

At least this time, the idea didn't hurt anyone. Until the boxes got stuck and had to be pulled out of the compactor bins. Then the boxes could hurt people, and the poles used always did, but never seriously.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

A few grocery stores around here have actually started using boxes since the bag ban. I know of one grocery store and one hardware store that have begun using the boxes since the ban.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth shopgirl15 View Post
        Plastic bags aren't banned in my state, they just charge 5 cents. But of course when I worked at a chocolate store that didn't stop people from whining.

Most common complaints:

1) "Nanny state government!"

2) "Its Obama's fault!"

3) I'm going shopping in (neighboring state) from now on!"

Number 3 was the weirdest to me. Granted, we're not too far from the state line, but its going to cost way more than 5 cents in gas to get there.
        problem is, none of them are your fault, or your company's fault. If they dislike the laws they need to address the legal system, not the employee or even the compay

the last one is probably the one that actually makes sense to me since i live close enough to a border for this to be a viable threat. except that afaik neither state is banning plastic any time soon.

Comment

Working...
        X