Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse me butting in real quick, was that a Ducktales reference for the thread title?
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth WoodenSunshine View Post
      Seven?! My bank closes at five on weekdays! I don't know about you guys, but the first thing I do is check the hours open when I go somewhere.
      Which made her ranting and raving even more annoying. We are the ONLY bank I know of that is open until seven M-F (a few in the area are open that late Monday and Friday, but none all five weekdays). I know ONE other bank that has a branch that closes at 8 on Fridays. She was coming in AFTER EIGHT. Who in the world would even imagine we'd still be open then?

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
        Excuse me butting in real quick, was that a Ducktales reference for the thread title?
        Yup. Just had the tune running through my head for some reason.

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post
          Yup. Just had the tune running through my head for some reason.
          because it's awesome?! In my experience (and yes, there has been quite a bit) anywhere you go, you can yell "DUCKTALES!" and someone will eventually yell back "Whoo-oo!"

Back OT: I'm amazed at the number of people that don't understand locked/hard to open door =/= open store. We have automatic doors and shut them off right at closing (and have to pull them open to let whoever is still inside out) and it never fails that we'll have someone pounding on the door asking if we're open!
          Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth WoodenSunshine View Post
            Seven?! My bank closes at five on weekdays! I don't know about you guys, but the first thing I do is check the hours open when I go somewhere.
            I remember when most banks closed around 3pm, with maybe one branch open later a couple of nights a week. Maybe it was just where we lived, but seemed to be the norm back when I was a lot younger.

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth MournBlade View Post
              My Grandpa ( ex cop) told me a story of some city slicker from out of state who came walking into the bank with a mask on and a gun drawn.
              Before he even has a chance to say peep he dropped his gun and gave up.
              Might have had something to do with the tellers and most of the customers having their guns drawn and pointed at the guy.
              Note to self: do not drink anything while reading posts.

I can just picture the pure fear on this guys face. I hope he was offered a change of pants at the police station.
              A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                Yep, sure was....and make sure the sea monster doesn't eat your ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                X