This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible bar sighting or a brain burp on our part

This happened just a few hours ago. My brothers and I went to see The Room (great crowd this time!) We ended up arriving a bit early so we asked the theater worker what was around. She directed us to a bar across the street.

I don't visit bars so this was my first time inside. Not theirs. We go to a table and wait. Sitting at the bar were only about 3 or 4 people. We waited at the table the entire time and no one took our drink orders. We walked out without saying something. One brother theorized afterwards that maybe we were supposed to order at the bar and then sit down.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

That may have been the case, but if so, I'd want there to be at least a sign or two directing me to do so, rather than assuming I know that that is how things are run.

I say this because I walked into a diner back in Former DwellingTown a few years ago and sat at a table. And sat. And sat. And sat. I started looking around and at one point even got up from the table to check the 'specials' board at the door -- nothing anywhere about ordering at the counter.

So I sat back down and waited some more. Eventually got up and headed for the door. THAT was when a staff member finally asked if they could help me -- and told me customers generally ordered at the counter. I suggested it might be a good idea to post it somewhere to let new customers know that.

Then I left.

Comment

I'm just wondering why the staff there didn't say anything, given how long you were there. Usually, pubs and bars like to encourage ordering, so the staff tends to ask if you need anything or explain things.

The BBQ places around here tend to have counter ordering, so they have a HUGE menu board and a sign that tells you to "ORDER HERE." Still saw people sit down expecting staff to come take their orders but staff usually asks if they need help and directs them to the counter.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Most of the bars around here only have service at the bar; they figure that everyone knows this, and if you're sitting at a table, they generally assume that you're either not drinking, or waiting to order for whatever reason. It really just depends on the area, and sometimes even the particular bar.

I do know that, if I walked into any of the local bars and sat down at a table, I could sit there until closing time without anyone ever coming to ask me if I wanted anything.
        "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
        -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Working...
        X