This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honesty is so rare nowadays.

Short and sweet, since I have to restart the memory centers of my brain at this point, but...

Me: "Thank you for calling <provider>! My name is Zed; who am I speaking with today?"
    Caller: -gives name-
    Me:" And how can I help you today?"
    Caller: "Yeah, I'm getting a weird error when I try to log into my email."
    Me: "...unusual. And if it's been working before, I'd be getting a little worried about it myself; I'll help you out with this. What does the error say?"
    Caller: "Hang on, I'll try to log in again..."
    Keys in the background.
    Caller: "'<email address>, 0 results found.'"

Drink a shot if you got the punchline to this one already.

Me: "'0 results found'? And is this coming up when you put your login info into the username and password blanks?"
    Caller: "...oh, god. Wait a minute, I think I'm a dumbass. I just realized I typed it into the bar at the top with the magnifying glass."
    Me: "I was about to say..."
    Caller: "Okay, there's the username and password spots. Okay, I'm logged in now. Sorry about that."
    Me: "Happens to the best of us, sir."

Closing speech, disconnect the call, logged it as a general question call to save the guy some face. Then the self-question I couldn't hold back: "...did that call really happen?"
    My other car is a Mackinaw.

Had that before. I just say there looking at my screen for a second...
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Everybody has a case of brain burpage from time to time, particularly where computers are involved. It was nice that he acknowledged that rather than screaming about you or the system.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
      X