Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attempt at theft or some strange mating dance?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempt at theft or some strange mating dance?

This particular night was rather busy, I had a line all the way to the back of the store yet no one was in much of a hurry and they didn’t seem to mind the wait AND THEY WERE ALL SOBER! If you’ve ever worked in a university town you would understand why this alone deserves notice! So all in all it was a nice night, until creepy, old, wrinkled, toothless, drug addicted lady comes in.

She comes in with her equally creepy, toothless, drug addicted boyfriend and right away they start acting suspicious. They both huddle over by the front door whispering to each other while passing an empty Safeway bag back and forth. Then creepy old woman comes up to the counter attempting a sympathetic look on her pug face.

Creepy woman: Oh my god! What a long line!! And you all by yourself? That’s bullcrap!
    And then she scurries to the back of the store looking for whatever she was looking for.

Side note: She was empty handed when she came to the counter.

Her equally creepy boyfriend has exited the store with empty Safeway bag by this time and is outside grossing up the parking lot by going through the garbage cans and leaving the unwanted stuff on the ground. This means I get the joy of cleaning this up later…Fuckers…ANYWAY! This woman disappears around back for a good five to ten minutes before re- emerging, this time with a cup of noodles in her hand.

Suspicious action #2: She trots over to the fountain machine and fills it with cold water and pops it in the microwave instead of going over to the coffee machine where there is a hot water spout and filling it there.

I thought it a little odd, but most people will heat their stuff up and let it cook while waiting in a long line so I didn’t really think much of it right then…Then she starts doing really REALLY odd stuff..like bolting out the door while her noodles cook and not showing up again for a while. Then magically there she is!
    Suspicious action #3: Instead of waiting for the microwave to go off she starts weaving in and out of the line of people. Meanwhile, we have made eye contact once or twice by this time and she smiled in acknowledgement, so she knew I was watching her. In fact, the line of people was watching her by this time too. I don’t know what this lady was thinking she was doing, but being sneaky was not it.

This all finally comes to a head when she tires bolting out the door with the hot cup of noodles, almost dropping them twice on the way out conversation as follows.

Me: Excuse me, but I didn’t see you come in with that you need to pay.

SC: But you have a long line!

Me: I’m sorry but I can’t let you leave the store with that, you either need to get in line and pay or you need to leave.

SC: THAT’S MY CUP OF NOODLES! YOU HAD A LONG LINE AND WEREN’T PAYING ATTENTION!!!

Remember her coming up to the counter empty handed?

Me: *Grabs the noodles* Ok, you need to leave.
    LET THE RANTING AND NAME CALLING BEGIN!!!!!
    SC: THAT’S MY CUP OF NOODLES YOU BITCH! I’M GOING TO GO BACK TO SAFEWAY AND GET THE RECEIPT!!! I’M GOING TO HAVE YOU FIRED!!! YOU’LL NEVER WORK IN THIS TOWN AGAIN!!! (Picture if you will a saggy wrinkled indignant face and a boney old finger continually jabbing in my direction…But she isn’t making eye contact so I guess that’s something.) I’M GOING TO SUE YOU FOR DEFIMATION OF CHARACTER!!!! (She really shouldn’t use words she can’t spell) THIS IS DISCRIMINATION!!! FUCK YOU!!!! And stomps out.
    Turns out her and her creepy boyfriend were trespassed from the property for, guess what?! STEALING, they came in on a day I wasn’t working and were arrested that day. I haven’t seen either one of them since…

I don’t get paid enough for this shit.
    Last edited by AmandaLaederich; 09-22-2012, 12:52 AM. Reason: My own pickiness

Definitely a bunch of scammers. I have seen this tactic many times.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

I'd put money that the darting about, weaving through the line, and all the rest are because she was tweaking. Tweakers just can. not. stop. moving.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth AmandaLaederich View Post
        Turns out her and her creepy boyfriend were trespassed from the property for, guess what?! STEALING, they came in on a day I wasn’t working and were arrested that day
        Gosh, what a surprise. And it couldn't have happened to a more deserving couple.
        Quoth AmandaLaederich View Post
        I don’t get paid enough for this shit.
        No, you do not, nor do you deserve it. What you do deserve is a good for dealing with those brain donors.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I wonder if the noodles were the only thing she tried to steal. Do you sell anything small and valuable that would fit in a cup of noodles?

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            What you do deserve is a good for dealing with those brain donors.
            How do you donate something that doesn't exist?

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
              How do you donate something that doesn't exist?
              I'm sure at some point...maybe infancy...they were worthwhile human beings. Somewhere along the line though, they obviously screwed up big time.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                I'd put money that the darting about, weaving through the line, and all the rest are because she was tweaking. Tweakers just can. not. stop. moving.

^-.-^
                What exactly is "tweaking"? Those of use that lead sheltered lives want to know...

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                  What exactly is "tweaking"? Those of use that lead sheltered lives want to know...
                  Tweakers such as those depicted in the OP are drug addicts, specifically methamphetamine ("meth") addicts.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

i love how she claims you'll be fired from the entire town for daring to question her... when it turns out they have already stolen before.

ever notice the most offended often turn out to be the most guilty?

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      Tweakers such as those depicted in the OP are drug addicts, specifically methamphetamine ("meth") addicts.
                      This. Commonly referred to as tweakers, meth-heads, and speed freaks.

Use is generally a short rush followed by prolonged stimulant response. The more they take, the less rush they get, so the more they take, until they're pretty much hyper-stimulated all the time.

This is pretty much how my dad's been killing himself for the last 20 years or so. We're all pretty baffled at how he's not dead already.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        ever notice the most offended often turn out to be the most guilty?
                        All too often.....
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Take a real close look at my current avatar...

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                            Take a real close look at my current avatar...
                            Please note I'm not trying to slam anyone who has to take said drug for legitimate medical reasons.

I'm slamming those unfortunate souls who take it recreationally and end up destroying their lives.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Please note I'm not trying to slam anyone who has to take said drug for legitimate medical reasons..
                              Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that you were. I really should have put a at the end of my post. I just thought it was an interesting coincidence that I happened to put that avatar there and maybe a week later the drug itself comes up under discussion. It does seem, though, that many people don't realize that there even is a legitimate medical use for the stuff, which is one reason I stuck it in there: the media tend to refer to meth as an "illegal drug", which it isn't, exactly. It's just a drug that's illegal to possess without prescription, or manufacture without license.

I note that the (legitimate) usage of methamphetamine has changed in recent years. When I graduated, the only official indication was for narcolepsy, with some off-label use for ADHD. Now it's indicated for ADHD and short-term treatment of obesity, with narcolepsy as the off-label use. (It's also found, or at least the less-CNS-active levorotary enantiomer is, in US-market Vicks inhalers, which are specifically exempted from the controlled-substance laws as long as they contain less than 198mg, which they do.)

As it happens, that particular bottle's from my store stock (although it's expired, so it'll have to be sent back at some point). I can't remember the last time I dispensed any.
                              Last edited by Shalom; 09-28-2012, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X