This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Isithereyetisithereyetisit--" *THWACK*

I sold something on one of 'my' selling sites on the 15th. Said item required a bit more specialized packing material than I had in my supply, and I was working during the day so didn't have much time to get to the store (finally did so yesterday; it's not going out until tomorrow anyway). This guy is probably the most persistent buyer I've ever had.

9/17: three emails, all of which were responded to with a professional "the item will ship shortly, please be patient"

9/19, 9/21, and 9/22: Seven phone calls (four within 30 minutes, mostly hangups, with two barely-comprehensible voicemails; if I didn't already guess what he was calling about I never would have deciphered it). I don't know where this buyer got my phone number (probably from Google Wallet, if they don't require one I'm taking it down posthaste). The jerk even called at 9 AM on a Saturday...how did he even know he had the right number? Neither of my phone numbers even hint at any sort of business. On what planet is hammering a seller with emails and phone calls after 2 days acceptable?

This behavior can probably be reported to the site, and I'm definitely mentioning it in feedback if I can. He's nowhere near local to me, which is good. I'm also tempted to mark the item and/or photograph my packing it in case he tries to pull something..although it's fairly unique, so he wouldn't be able to pull a switcheroo unless he broke into a specific museum.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

I'd have told them after the first 3 calls in the 30 minutes - You call me again and I'll cancel the damned order and give you a refund.
    I had some people annoy me when shipping some stuff over ebay but none that bad.
    The annoying ones tended to take longer, like you I made sure my ass was covered.
    You never know anymore.

Comment

All the calls came when I was working; while I usually have my phone with me (for emergencies only) I don't answer it at work unless I know the caller.

Yup, I plan to photograph everything as well as insure the package. The good part is they didn't pay through Paypal; the sticky part is I don't know whether I'd be covered if I only print shipping through them.

Comment

Get tracking on the package as well, that way you can tell if/when the package has been signed for.
        Violets are blue,
        Roses are red,
        I bequeath to thee...
        A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
          Get tracking on the package as well, that way you can tell if/when the package has been signed for.
          Specifically, you want Signature Confirmation. Ask at the post office/wherever if this is already included in the cost of Insurance.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The place I work once had a guy who bought an item on Friday night after we'd closed, paid for it, then proceeded to bombard us with emails and calls that progressed from impatient idiot to screaming asshole all before we opened again the next Monday. >_<

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It went out; insurance plus signature confirmation. A little more than I had charged him for shipping, but I figure it's worth it just to make sure he has few options for a chargeback (from what I hear, Google Wallet is more likely to side with a seller if a buyer tries to pull something). 5 days (the ideal shipping situation) is well within my seller policies (going through my records, the original sale was late in the day on the 17th, not 15th; the calls started before I even had a chance to process anything).

Unfortunately, the current batch of emails is not coming through the site's system nor through Google Wallet, so while I have a record, they don't (that would make it easier for them to lower a banhammer or a stern warning). Got ANOTHER phone call today while I was working...at least he only has my cell. Now to figure out where the hell he got it from.

Moron. I've made $100+ purchases online and been able to survive without harassing the poor seller. This definitely does not warrant my usual strong positive buyer feedback, and very possibly even a spot on my block list.

Comment

If you do the blue label insurance it needs a signature to be delivered.

Comment

I love using Google Voice for my business stuff. I can shut it off whenever I want so I don't have to worry about people bothering me when I don't want them to.
                  Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Okay...when I order stuff and am impatient for it to arrive (Amazon only) I check the "order status" obsessively.

Can you guess what I don't do because I know it'd be annoying to the poor person running the thing?
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                    X