Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with payment in full, a photo ID and the keys to the car can pick it up. Without keys, you can still pay all fees and have it trucked/towed out.

Vehicles unclaimed after 30 days are considered abandoned, and the process for having the titles voided and reissued to us so we can junk them is started and takes about another 45 days to complete

Once title is reissued to us, car goes for scrap as soon as the junkyard guy gets here
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      Without keys, you can still pay all fees and have it trucked/towed out.
      And if the person is a real asshole, you can tow him out, put him in a tow away zone, and say, "Sorry, buddy. Have to tow you again!" And turn right back around.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        [...], and some provision (to keep "junkers" from filling up the lot) that vehicles unclaimed after a certain period can be sold?
        Not sure about tow lots, but my dad got a old VW "Superbeetle" from a mechanic friends who had done some work on it, but the owner never returned for it. I think it sat unclaimed in the lot for four months before the mechanic filed for salvage title and sold it to my dad for part cost.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

i take it his lawyer didn't contact you yet.

has anyone actually gone through with that? I mean actually gotten as far as having the lawyer contact you guys that you know of?

Comment

Working...
          X