Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ooh, Look What I Did, Oh, I'm Making A Mess!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooh, Look What I Did, Oh, I'm Making A Mess!

:headedesk: Now that I got that out of the way...I had a customer have one of the stupidest brain burps I've seen. Our coffee makers are your average maker, glass pot and all. Sometimes people will get impatient while the coffee is brewing, move the glass pot and hold their glass under the coffee that's still running. This woman, however, took it to a whole new level of stupidity. I was bopping around between customers, cleaning up a bit, when I heard "Oh! Oh no! Look what I did! Oh I'm making a big mess!" I stopped, turned, and my jaw dropped. The woman had set her styrofoam cup directly on the burner that the pot itself would normally sit on. What did that do? Oh, it only melted her cup, and made a mess of the burner itself. She somehow managed to get the cup back OFF the burner and into another cup, and I got the mess wiped up, but WOW. Why, in the name of all that's holy, would you DO that? Any cup, unless it's metal, is going to melt when put directly on a hot burner. I just...I can't. I actually leaned my head against the wall after she left in a sort of fake-head-wall. Sigh.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

I once melted a styrofoam container in a microwave. And they say I'm smart....
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Wonder if she's one of those with a Genius IQ that's off the chart?

It might explain a lot.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        Wonder if she's one of those with a Genius IQ that's off the chart?

It might explain a lot.
        LOL sometimes the smartest members of society do the dumbest shit!
        If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Working...
        X