This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passive-agressiveness: ultimately counterproductive

So I got in the 1-12 item express lane at the supermarket. There were four or five people in front of me but it usually moves fast. The customers were lined up in between the express register and the customer service desk, so that either cashier could serve them, but the customer service desk had no customers.

People kept going up to the customer service desk (this is the desk where the lottery tickets and newspapers and cigarettes are, so there's no conveyor belt or anything) with one or two items, and asking the guy if he could take them. He would say each time that he had to take customers out of the express line. In other words, whoever was next in line to put their stuff on the conveyor would be called over to his desk, and when he was done with them he'd call another. Most of the customers who asked him shrugged and got into the regular line.

The woman behind me was holding two or three items and the guy at the CS desk called for the next customer. Everyone in line looked at her, and finally the person behind her ducked out and went to the CS register. I said to the woman, "He was calling you next." She said, "I went to him before and he sent me away."

Okay, just stand there and take longer. You could be out at the same time as me (in line in front of you with eleven items), or you could refuse to go to the other desk out of bitterness for a procedure that the kid there surely didn't invent, and take longer. Whatever tugs your bobber, honey.

Wow, way to cut off your nose to spite your face.
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Apparently she thought she was somehow getting back at him. Like he's going to be upset about her letting someone go ahead of her.

I worked with someone like that. If told not to do something, her response was basically, "I'll show him!! I won't do it anymore!"
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

So, let me get this straight.

Because he had the gall to make her actually wait her turn in line like everybody else, she's going to wait even longer because she won't deal with him when it actually is her turn?

Wow. She sure showed him.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X