This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-tasking Custodians

We have a cleaner who does a couple stores after-hours at my mall. When I let him in last night, he told me what had happened early the previous morning at another mall where he cleans stores, at a time when the mall doors had opened, but stores didn't open for another few hours.

He had gone in the back hallway to access the back door of a hair salon that he cleans. For some reason he can unlock the door from the outside, but his key won't lock it from the inside. So he's emptying trash and mopping when he hears heels behind him. He turns and there's this middle-aged woman standing in the back room with him.

She said "I need to get my hair done right away." (Make note that the store is dark and the FRONT GATE IS DOWN!)

He said "Ma'am, I'm the cleaner, I don't do hair."

She said "Are you SURE you can't do my hair?"

He told her yes, he was sure, and she had to leave the store right now. She did, cursing the whole time.

I'll have to wait till next week to see if she complained about him to the salon. I mean, you see a guy in raggety clothes mopping and go around to the back of the store through a fire hallway to ask if he can do your hair!?!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Cleaner: "Sure can, ma'am. You just sit right over there."

*goes and gets the electric razor*

Comment

Good grief. And while I realize this situation was a fluke (at least I hope it was), now would be a good time for the salon & other stores to reevaluate their security. If the door doesn't lock properly from the inside, it should be rekeyed. Last thing they need is some idiot wandering around in a closed store. Theft and employee safety issues aside, I bet their insurance will take a dim view if some idiot slips and falls while janitor is mopping a closed store.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Wow that was bold. I can't believe that someone would do that and yet we have so many stories.

Comment

Are people that clueless?? Oh wait...I forgot where I'm posting in...LOL!

Comment

Lights off, gate down translates to "they must be open!"

Man mopping floor equals hair stylist. WTF??

I suppose he could have tried a little floor wax on her hair....she could probably get something really unique that way!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

He should be thankful she didn't demand a Brazilian wax.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                He should be thankful she didn't demand a Brazilian wax.
                Well, maybe he would have enjoyed that.

WTH, floor wax, Brazilian wax, what's the difference?
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  WTH, floor wax, Brazilian wax, what's the difference?
                  Wait till he fires up the buffer...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Crossing my legs and wincing over here...

Comment

Working...
                    X