This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New manager accuses me of stealing!

Ok, so we have this new assistant manager, Rosemary. She looks like a very nice 50ish woman...but beneath that facade she is a monster. She is always giving orders and being condecending...which you expect from a manager, but she has only been here a week...so, not a good way to be when you are trying to get staff to respect and listen to you.

Anyway, on with the story.....

I served this lady today and noticed that she had the same color wallet as I have. I even said to her "I almost have the exact same wallet"! She was very nice and about 5 minutes after she left, I found that she had dropped her wallet on the stairs. So, being a nice person, I held onto it and I let the management (including Rosemary) know that I had it downstairs and to let her know where it was if she came in looking for it.

So, an hour passed and I looked in the wallet to see if there was a name or phone number so I could contact her. I noticed that she had a Natwest bank card. Natwest bank is 2 doors down from my shop, so I was going to take it to the bank to let them know, and ask if they could inform her that we had her wallet, as I know how it feels when you think your wallet is gone. As I am about to leave, she calls. I leave the wallet with the manager and go on break. When I get back from break, I am told that she came in and said to tell me "thank you" because many people wouldn't have held onto it and been honest. That made me feel nice!

I typed all this to show you guys that I am a nice person and never had anything but honest intentions.

So, we are all about to leave and Rosemary says she is going to bag-search us...you can probably guess where this is going......she looks at everything in my bag and right before I close it she says in a not-so nice accusing tone "isn't that the customers wallet"?! She says this in front of everyone too. Where does she get off? She has only been there for a week and she doesn't trust me? I have never been anything but nice to this woman and everyone else I work with, even though I pretty much hate all of them. I couldn't believe she asked me that! Did she REALLY THINK I would say "yes" and that she would have "caught me"? And why would I gladly open my bag for her to see the "stolen wallet"...why would I steal it after showing it to her and my manager?!!!!!

So, I am going to tell the manager tomorrow (cause Rosemary is off) that, when I am next in on Friday, I want an apology from her. Face to face. I had better get it, or I am going to ask her why she said it and not be so nice about it.

I have been through hell with this horrid company (I really want to tell you guys all about it...I have had to go to the union and have had 2 grievences out on my manager and area manager....only to be shit on....it is such a long story, maybe I will post it someday), and she is aware of it. I should be the last person they suspect. I can't wait to get a new job!
    "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Do you have your ID in that wallet? If so, you should've pulled it out and showed her.

What a rudie-poo.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The woman came in to pick it up and then she (the AM) accuses you of stealing?! Unbelievable. And if you were planning to steal it, why the hell would you tell her you had it in the first place?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ransom, perhaps?

Comment

I would scream for her job, because she just damaged your reputation with customers and other co-workers.

Comment

Urgh. I'd make an official complaint! You seem really nice as well!
            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Update

Well, as soon as I went into work yesterday I pulled my manager aside and told him what she said. He said that she shouldn't have phrased it like that and that he will speak with her. He forgets everything, so if she doesn't apologize by Friday evening I am going to say something. It still pisses me off! And yes, I did have my ID in the wallet. I can't wait to get out of that place.

Yesterday I was all alone in the whole of the Books and Entertainment deaprtment all day From 9:30-5:30 (which isn't safe cause I am downstairs by myself, and if anything happened no one would know), but it was great! I had no one complaining because I stacked the books wrong or I was gone from break a minute longer that allowed. I had no one whispering about me or telling me what to do. I worked at my own pace and got more done than usual! I actually smiled all day, was nice to customers and came home happy as a clam. My boyfriend noticed that I was not grumpy and bitter as soon as I got in the car after work! These people I work with really bring me down! I really dislike them (well, with the exception of 2 or 3). Haha
              "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Working...
              X