This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you spell "google?"

I was at my favourite video game store, and the phone rang while I was standing at the counter. One of the guys answered it. This is the conversation I heard:
    "You need the password to the internet? You mean your router?...I don't have the password to the internet...Well, do you have an account? If you google it, you can get to the website to create one...Google.com...You need me to spell google? okay, G...no, G. As in girl...No, there's no d in girl...Okay, are you ready? G...o...o...g, as in girl...l...e. Okay. You're there? Okay, now put in your email address. No, I don't know what your email address is. No, it's not google...okay, you found your email address? Now you have to put in a password. No, I don't need to know your password. No, please don't tell me. Okay. Now you need a username. No, you have to come up with one...No, it can't be google...No you make it. Not me. I don't know what it should be. Just think of something..."
    No, Buzz. I AM your hotdog in pajamas!
    sewingwithmermer.wordpress.com

you know i'm reminded of the story about someone telling the customer to box the computer up and take it back because "you're too stupid to use a computer"

i think it was a fake story but... there ARE people out there who qualify to make it real

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      you know i'm reminded of the story about someone telling the customer to box the computer up and take it back because "you're too stupid to use a computer"

i think it was a fake story but... there ARE people out there who qualify to make it real
      Yes. I talk to some of them every week. I'll be the first to tell you that I know almost nothing about how computers work...but at least I know the difference between an email address and a website address! And yet every week I have to try to explain to a customer how to either (a) get to our website or (b) send us an email, and usually (c) why they are not the same.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If you Google 'computer stupidities', you will find a website with absolutely hilarious (and some barely-believable) stories about people and their computers. After reading them for a while I feel like the ultimate geek.

Comment

G-O-O-G-O-L. There. I've spelled Googol for you. No need to thank me.

Note: I apologize for the geeky math humour in the above sentence. I just couldn't resist.
          my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
          it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
            G-O-O-G-O-L. There. I've spelled Googol for you. No need to thank me.
            Not near enough 0's.
            10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Not near enough 0's.
              10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
              Okay, smartass, show me what a googolplex is then.

Have fun!

Comment

Have fun!
                Got your bit bucket ready for when your PC its guts out?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                  If you Google 'computer stupidities', you will find a website with absolutely hilarious (and some barely-believable) stories about people and their computers. After reading them for a while I feel like the ultimate geek.
                  Sweetheart, my DOG is a ultimate geek compared to some of those folks.

There again, if some of those atrocities had been committed by someone who's supposed to be a geek . . . even better in my book.

'Cause it just goes to show you there is a fine line between genius and stupidity.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Have fun!

Google Campus2 cropped [CC-BY-SA-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)), by Sebastian Bergmann (originally posted to Flickr as Google Campus), from Wikimedia Commons

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                      <image cut>
                      Touché. I do believe we have a new smartass champion around here. Sorry dalesys.

Quoth dalesys
                      Got your bit bucket ready for when your PC its guts out?
                      Sure, if your fingers don't fall off first.

Comment

Sure, if your fingers don't fall off first.
                        C&P makes that a trivial task.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                          C&P makes that a trivial task.

^-.-^
                          Sure, if you want to do it the easy way.

Comment

Working...
                          X