This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, you paid for that hat right?

Saturday, weekly shop day so I head down shopping with flatmate and notice they are having a sale on wide brimmed hats for 5$ so I tried on a few and plonked the one I chose on my head because it would have been squashed in the trolley. Go through the checkout and back to the car and while loading the car flatmate askes "Hey, you paid for the hat right?" Me "" and I bolt back to the service desk to pay for it. Megan the manager was there and I was greeted with "What did you forget this time?" . Luckily she knows I'm a forgetful idiot. I remember once walking out of target wearing the wrong shoes, that had the staff though I was a right idiot and cracked up. Very lucky I live in a small town so I don't get into too much trouble for being forgetful. I'm never having kids I'll end up on the news for constantly forgetting them at daycare.

I did something similar once. I went in to a music/video store, picked up a computer magazine I wanted and then spent 10 mins going through the computer games and videos. Didn't buy anything and I was half way down the main street before I realised I was still carrying the magazine. So I turned around, walked back to the store, past the huge security guy stationed at the entrance, through the theft detectors and up to one of the counters to pay. I didn't say anything though. I was in a bit of a state of shock from what I had done.

Comment

Be thankful it wasn't a can of tuna. We might have to call in Cousin Vinnie.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

A friend and I went out for lunch at a local pizza chain that had a buffet. We ate, sat there chatting for ages, eventually got up and continued on to do some shopping - getting halfway down the block before we realized we hadn't paid for our lunch. Granted, I'm sure it was partly because though we'd sat there for ages, no one had brought us our check, I'm sure the physical presence of a bill would have gotten thru to us, LOL. Had to walk back and give a very big "oops" and pay.

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Looks like MITCH'S cousin MOTAH (Merchandise On The Adult's Head) has paid a visit. Any sign of BOB or LISA around here?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            Be thankful it wasn't a can of tuna. We might have to call in Cousin Vinnie.
            I loved that film

I had a similar near-miss myself, once. I was wandering around the local model shop, making a list of stuff to go on my Xmas list. I was using a box to lean the paper on (this was quite a few years ago), & forgot I was holding it as I walked out the front door. Two steps later, I realised what I was doing, eeped, turned around to return it, & slammed nose-first into the rather burly security chap who was just about to grab me. Cue swift apology, handing it back to him, & a very shame-faced hustle in the other direction. I guess I was lucky he realised I'd had a brain-burp...
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Interesting stories, everyone. Especially that Lunch story.

When I was young, ... and I mean really young, (I'll omit the negative in front of the number for posterity's sake.) I was in a really large indoor mall, in a video game store, while my mother sat on a bench well outside the store to rest. (I had the energy of a rocket back then. I still do.)

I was looking through all the PC games, and found a really good deal on a game that I liked. With a victorious grin on my face for having found such a deal, and the game held high, I ran outside to show the game to my mother to ask if I could get it. Naturally, when I passed by the exit of the store, the incessant beeping went off, and I sheepishly put the game back on the shelf.

When I went outside the store to bring my mother in to show her the game, as I passed the exit, the two salesclerks by the counter both went "beep beep beep" to each other and snickered. Not sure if I ever went back there for many years.
              SC: "Are you new or something?"
              Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

I was shopping at a bookstore in the mall where I worked on my lunch one day. Checked my watch and realized I needed to get back to work. And proceeded to walk out with two books I was holding. I was halfway back to work when I realized what I'd done, so I had to race back and pay for the books.

Obviously, this was before the sensor tags for books.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                X