This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GM's got my back

I had a guest check in last night (10/12). They were an Expedia res, so I got the guest's CC for incidentals. At check in, there are 3 spots to initial (1 each for the rate, not smoking in non-smoking rooms, and having undeclared pets, the latter two having a $250.00 charge if violated)

The next morning, HK discovers that they have a pet in the room. We charge a $25 pet fee, which they (not Expedia) would have to pay.

When informed that they need to pay the pet fee, the guests protested that they had told us about the pet. Then they admitted that they had told Expedia.

Then the Husband (SH) comes to the desk, where he tries to convince my GM that I had come from behind the desk to feed their pet. My GM calls them on that, saying that his desk people know that they aren't to leave the desk for such things. SH insists, and my GM points to the 2 security cameras at the desk and says that he will review the footage, and if that is the case that he would not only get this stay for free, without a pet charge, he would get a future stay for free. However, if that is NOT the case, his card would be charged the $250 for an undeclared pet.

The wife then speaks up to say that it wasn't the desk person, but other people who had fed the pet.

They got charged the $25.00.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

So, they try to get the front desk in trouble when you are still essentially getting an undeclared pet in as if it was a declared one? What idiots.

Comment

I love the way the GM handled it.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I would have also thrown in a lawsuit charge as the guest was falsely accusing one of his employees in a way to cause them damage.

Comment

ok, just so I'm clear, was it a $25.00 charge or $250 charge? 'cause for some reason I'm readin' both
          "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

$25 dollar charge, but it would have been a $250 one if they reviewed the tape found the OP did not come out and fed the dog. Making it from a Declared Pet charge ($25) to an Undeclared Pet Charge ($250). Basically they were being nice and offering to make the undeclared pet a declared pet (though they didn't have to) unless the SC insisted on being an EW.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
              ok, just so I'm clear, was it a $25.00 charge or $250 charge? 'cause for some reason I'm readin' both
              $25 if they had said upon check in "we have a pet", it becomes $250 if they say nothing(undeclared pet). Likely because the hotel has "pet rooms" and if a pet is in a non pet room it now has to be thoroughly cleaned to prevent allergy issues for future guests.
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Myt and BK are both right on as far as the way the pet fees work, however BK, we do not have designated "Pet Rooms". We charge the pet fee to cover the additional expense of cleaning a room after a pet has been there (flea bomb and the like).

The $250 charge is basically a Dishonesty Tax, because, on the Reg card, you sign a clause stating that you don't have any undeclared pets. We generally let it slide if you inform us prior to check out, but if you try to be sneaky and we catch on after you have departed, you're gonna see that $250.00 charge on your CC Bill.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Comment

This is the city. Los Angeles, California. A nice place to stay, most of the time.

But some guests bring in undeclared pets.

That's where I come in. My name's Friday Fischer...

...Have I mentioned that I love your avatar?
                  I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                  - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Quoth paxillated View Post
                    ...Have I mentioned that I love your avatar?

You're the first to acknowledge the new one. I changed it from Jack Benny a few weeks ago.

SC

Comment

Working...
                    X