Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There was a dumb*ss parade today and it came through my store...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was a dumb*ss parade today and it came through my store...

I wanted nothing more than to stay at home in my pajamas on this dreary Sunday. I wish I had figured out a way to have made that happen.
    The first idiotic event was a feat in epic dumbassery. Two fifty-ish couples are in the store and I'm helping the ladies with their jewelry choices. The men have taken up residence by the very front of the store. One of them is sitting on the stairs that are directly across from the front door. The other one is leaning against the inward swinging,very heavy, wooden (read: opaque as hell) front door.
    I'm not going to lie: I saw this and got a little happy. That may be a testament to exactly how badly I need to get out of retail. Then, I saw someone approaching the door from the outside. No, I didn't warn the guy leaning against the door and I 've come to terms with the fact that karma is going to kick my ass someday. The people outside give a hearty heave to the door and Sir Dumbassington of Dumbasshire gets pitched forward about two feet. I gleefully watched for the sorrowful look of shame on his face, but it was not to be. Instead, he actually threw a stink-eye to the people who had just walked in. Yup. Stink-eye. What a tool!

A few hours later, there was this:
    Customer: I was in here twenty years ago and bought a necklace and I lost it. Do you have another one?
    Me: Do you know who made it?
    Customer: It was silver.
    Me: okkkaaayy...what did it look like?
    Customer: It was round, it went around my neck like this ( customer motions in a circular fashion around her neck).
    Me: ( I just stared at her, blinking)
    Customer: Nevermind. I'll just look around.

Go ahead and ask me why I have a facial twitch. I dare you.

OK, I laughed at the image of the guy getting knocked forward when the door opened....sorry, but that was just asking for it.

Necklace customer: "It was round and it went around my neck..." So that's what I'm doing wrong! I usually wear my necklaces on top of my head!

She bought it twenty years ago and thinks she can still find the same style? Although if all it needs to be is "round" and to "go around her neck", she may be in luck!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Should have handed her a silver chain.

Hey, that's a necklace, right?
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I may well be a bad person for this but the dude that gets knocked over by the door is hilarious. And he deserved it for leaning on the door.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Yeah. I find the guy being thrown by the door funny too. And to be fair to the necklace woman, she could have meant one that is wire and always circular, rather than a chain that would make a more tear drop shape.

Then again she could have had a better blimmin description. Hmm (holds up loop of silver dyed string) - I found her necklace!

And I'm never one to pass up a dare - So... why do you have a facial twitch?
          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Holy cow, I think she pretty much described every necklace ever made.
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
              Which means, per SC logic, it was probably a torc.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Instead, he actually threw a stink-eye to the people who had just walked in. Yup. Stink-eye. What a tool!
                wow. most times people like that are doing it on the road... glaring at the people they just cut off.

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
                  Quoth Geek King View Post
                  Actually, both of these make sense. After all, I'm sure people dealing with SCs have been tempted to apply a torque to their necks.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                    I read that as 'torch' first (as in Olympic torch) and did think that might be a bit of wishful thinking...
                    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                      I read that as 'torch' first (as in Olympic torch) and did think that might be a bit of wishful thinking...
                      and now... i'm imagining that.
                      but it's set to the tune of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire"...

Comment

Quoth retailninja View Post
                        I wanted nothing more than to stay at home in my pajamas on this dreary Sunday. I wish I had figured out a way to have made that happen.

A few hours later, there was this:
                        Customer: I was in here twenty years ago and bought a necklace and I lost it. Do you have another one?
                        Me: Do you know who made it?
                        Customer: It was silver.
                        Me: okkkaaayy...what did it look like?
                        Customer: It was round, it went around my neck like this ( customer motions in a circular fashion around her neck).
                        Me: ( I just stared at her, blinking)
                        Customer: Nevermind. I'll just look around.

Umm yeah can you help me? I had a baby here in your hospital 19 years ago, and it's all grown up. Can I get another one? :::: makes about as much sense::::

Comment

I was trying to enter a store one day and this stupid woman was standing on the black mat inside the store where the door swings open. I stepped on the outer mat and the door hit her in the butt. Served her right for standing there and for holding up an entire line of people! I had given her a chance to move but she was visiting in the doorway.
                          ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

Working...
                          X