Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow. That had to have been at least a buck's worth of gas.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. That had to have been at least a buck's worth of gas.

This is how uneventful today was. They offered the chance for some of us to go home early today, and I took their offer. Since Lady Omega was still at work, I wasn't gonna bug her to come pick me up when I could just walk to the bus stop twenty minutes' walk away.

There's a convenience store where I always stop at on the way in, and a used car dealership across the street from there. Normally around the time I got out, both are quiet. This is the one day someone at the car lot, and I'm pretty sure he works there, pulled out of the dealership, just for the sake of crossing the street to grab something to drink.

Let that sink in. This is a walk that would've taken maybe 30 seconds to cross that street, 90 seconds during morning and lunch rush, and this guy drives. How fucking lazy does one... ?
    My other car is a Mackinaw.

wow I can't imagine actually driving across the street. No one just walks anymore?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Might not be lazy as much as fear of being street pizza'd. If I thought there was a reasonable chance someone would flatten me if they thought they could get away with it I'd want several hundred lbs of metal and plastic around my body too.
      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Did he drive back? I can see if he went across the street as a stop on the way somewhere else. If he drove there and right back, though...that's probably just laziness.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Saw someone drive across to our place from a flat across the road. We're talking close enough to be able to hurl a half-brick through one of their windows. Drove straight back as well.

We didn't like her much.

Rapscallion

Comment

Only reason I could think for doing that was if it was extremely hot outside
            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I see people here drive their trash bag from their apartment, to the Dumpster, and drive back. From the building right next to me (about 10 ft away). In the same amount of time it takes me to walk to it with mine.

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
              Only reason I could think for doing that was if it was extremely hot outside
              Nah, not even then. Take it from someone who lives where it routinely gets over 100F in the summer. It's hotter in the car.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

The only way that would be remotely reasonable would be if it was just the first stop of many for his trip. (hopefully likely), or if he was getting something unwieldy that you wouldn't want to walk far with (unlikely with a convienance store but it could have been a lot of 2L bottles of pop or something similar).

Otherwise, no real excuse for that sort of wastefullness.

Comment

I ahve done that cause it was safer and actually faster. Was at friends and had to get ice, so we went across the street (literally) in the car. I don't cross the street unless its at a light, especially on this road (with exceptions of it being very slow).

Comment

Working...
                  X