X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirdness at Drive Thru

Ok - this was...odd

I pulled up to a Dunkin Donuts drive through on Sunday to buy my Pumpkin flavored DD coffee for Keurig (). I rolled down my window and the speaker said, "The drive thru is only monitored prior to 11am and after 7pm. Please come in and order your delicious items!".

Wouldn't a sign blocking the drive thru that says "Drive thru Closed" have been more effective, and less annoying?

Not to sound like a princess, but it was raining (hard) and I didn't have an umberella with me, so I really didn't want to get out. I left and went to the DD closest to my house, with no issues.

I just found it odd.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

So... Wait, they don't do the drive-thru during the day? ... Methinks that someone isn't doing their job quite right.

Comment

Quoth Scorpodael View Post
      So... Wait, they don't do the drive-thru during the day? ... Methinks that someone isn't doing their job quite right.
      Yep. It was so strange. I don't know if it was a staffing issue or what, which I understand. It was just so odd to pull up to the thing and hear the announcement. A sign would have been much more effective and less frustrating.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

i'm wondering if it was a recording or someone just fucking with you

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          i'm wondering if it was a recording or someone just fucking with you
          If it was a human, the robotic drone they had going was pretty convincing. Stranger things have happened!

Comment

I think I would find that odd enough that I would have to call the shop at some point and ask what's up with that.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Pumpkin K-Cups..*drools* must buy some. I'm lucky that the department I work for has one and I've been getting loads of samples lately. How much do they run, out of curiosity?
              Last edited by fma_fanatic; 10-19-2012, 03:16 AM.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                How much do they run, out of curiosity?
                Last time I was in a DD they went about $12 for a box, I think. But prices may vary depending on where you are, obviously.
                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I'll be honest, that would've pissed me off. And you're right, maybe this store does have "issues", though not necessarily of the staffing kind.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Where I live they are 11.99 for a box of 14. I usually don't spend that much on my K-cups, but I'm an addict with these things.

Today is payday, so I think I'm going to hoard 2 or 3 boxes since I think they stop them at the end of this month.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                      A sign would have been much more effective and less frustrating.
                      No, because the SCs will just mow the sign down if it's on the road, and honk for service if not.

Probably a better way is to line the drive-through path with spikes and high fences (and then signs) when the drive-through is closed.
                      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                      X