This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spade Cadet or Scammer?

Towards the end of my shift tonight I was told that I had an error documentation to sign. So, after I log out of my computer for the night, I went to the sup's desk. A customer called to say the personalization on her pencils was incorrect. I remembered that personalized item because she had told me ____ (name for the halloween event) 2013. Before I even read back what I had, I questioned the year she said, and then read back the entire thing doing "A as in apple, B as in boy" for the letters and ended it with "two-zero-one-three" and enunciated the three. As I am sure ever single one of you can guess, she actually wanted 2012 down for the year. So, the question of the night is--Was she paying so little attention she didn't hear what I said for the year...or was she trying to save on pencils next year?

You know your brain is busted when you spend any amount of time trying to figure out a witty, funny thing to comment on the typo in the title, and you just give up and get more rum.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Oops! That will teach me not to type in the dark...(I had a few other typos too, but the red squiggle spell check line caught them for me.)

Comment

In our situation, we can at least pull the recording of the call. It always takes the wind out of their sails when the manager they reach says "let's listen to the recording together." (Has saved my ass several times.)

If you aren't recording these sales calls, there are some good personal recording packages that connect between your telephone handset and your computer. You may wish to suggest it to your boss just for cases like this. (Of course, you then have to add to your opening script "this call is being recorded for quality control purposes" to keep it legal...)
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

The calls are recorded, or at least the ones that are QA'd are. Unfortunately, I think the volume of calls received are too high to store the recordings for the length of time between when an order is placed and when the customer receives the packages and calls to say something is wrong with his/her order. My sup knows that I do a good job on repeating back the personalization and did say he would turn it in to see if that error can be removed...so I am crossing my fingers.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
            You know your brain is busted when you spend any amount of time trying to figure out a witty, funny thing to comment on the typo in the title, and you just give up and get more rum.
            I'm sure you will dig something up.

Comment

Boo! No puns.
              Let me just push you out of the way before you make another one. I think one shove'll do it.

Comment

I just don't have the heart to club this thread to death over a little typo in the title.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  I just don't have the heart to club this thread to death over a little typo in the title.
                  Soooo... you do have a heart.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Soooo... you do have a heart.
                    She is a diamond in the rough.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      She is a diamond in the rough.
                      Why are we playing baseball at the Open?

Comment

All you punny people should be spayed neutered.

Comment

Hey, now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            Hey, now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?
                            grooooooaaaaannnnnnn.........

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                              grooooooaaaaannnnnnn.........

Hey! Wha happened? I had two when I went to sleep! Now there's none!

Comment

Working...
                              X