Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd hate to see what would happen if they tried using Buzzcut's card.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
      I was reading their quotes in Beavis and Butthead's voices. It's a good thing you didn't give Beavis candy or coffee or else he would have turned into the great cornholio.
      90s kids represent!
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        I know of a few people that sell their EBT for pennies on the dollar.
        A friend of mine gets his groceries for basically half price because he deals with people like this. Basically, somebody with an EBT card for $150 will be willing to sell it for $75 so that they can go buy booze or whatever. They're thrilled, because they get cash. My friend is thrilled, because he gets $150 in groceries for $75. I have to say, from a purely monetary perspective, my friend is pretty brilliant.

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Seconded (from the guy who doesn't drink >_>)... For those who do imbibe: If you wouldn't drink it, you don't wanna cook with it
        I am going to be in the minority here when I say that simply isn't so. I have used cooking wine in various dishes, and they taste great. I have also known chefs in restaurants to do the same, often with awesome results.

Cooking wine can be used in cooking and can turn out great results. I know that the majority of the food world frowns down their noses on this, but it's true.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester - Cool. To each his own ^_^

It's just been my experience that friends who have tried using "cooking wine" have seldom had favorable results.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I will often use my roommate's EBT card. But then her card doesn't have her name on it and I'm often using it to get stuff for both of us. Plus I only really use it at my store when I'm working or just after I've gotten off work. When we're out elsewhere she has her card.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
              It's a good thing you didn't give Beavis candy or coffee or else he would have turned into the great cornholio.
              You will give me teepee for my bunghole!
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                They get around that by offering to pay for someone else's groceries (so it's them using the card with their own ID) and then having that someone pay them back in cash.
                ^-.-^
                Sometimes it's also restaurants offering. Especially if the shopper is buying bulk steaks.

Comment

Working...
                X