This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad we were honest...

So, my brother came over today, and we went out to the local Big Boy (it's a chain that goes under different names, depending on the franchise and region, so by leaving that much out, it can't be tracked which easily) for lunch.

After the meal, we went up to pay, and we indicated it was to be by card. The person who came to the register set it up to swipe, and then walked off. Finished our transaction, and then thought maybe we might get a receipt, so we waited for a couple minutes. Unfortunately, nobody came by, and so we just left.

As we were heading out, I remarked that it was a really good thing we were honest and actually did pay, otherwise we could have easily done a dine-and-dash if we were inclined. He agreed, saying it would have been simple to stand there a couple moments and appear to use the card and pad, but just walk out afterwards.

Anyone else had this happen? Just seemed rather off to me.

That sounds like an employee who may not be an employee for long. You were honest, but others definitely won't be.

Comment

Never had anything like that happen. That's just odd.
      I doubt that person manages to stay employed for long because they will have some to just kinda wander out as though they paid.
      I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

although personally i'd rather wait for the receipt.

that way i can put my tip on it, vs something else being written in etc...

Comment

With the system that was used, the tip is added via the touchscreen before you sign on it. That way, you can review the total before confirming it.

So, the receipt is only truly necessary if you need it for other reasons.

Comment

Working...
          X