X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking woes

Gripe the First:

Sometimes, especially when the lot is busy, I park at the very back in what we employees lovingly refer to as "BFE". When I pull into a spot in BFE, nothing irks me more than to have someone pull in RIGHT beside me when there are dozens of other spots, so close to where, if I have a passenger, they can't open their door! It's not like this is a prime spot to be, fuck off and find another spot! Last week my parents met me for lunch at work and rode with me, and the parking lot was under construction, so I just pulled into a BFE spot but I'd pulled in very awkwardly. Just as I put the truck into reverse, some guy in a sedan comes ripping into the space right next to mine, also awkwardly angled, and now I can't really move and neither of us are parked correctly. My Dad's been a professional 18 wheeler for 27 years, so I just let him fix it. Seriously? I park this far out because I DON'T want anyone next to me. FFS!

Gripe the Second:

You have a tiny ass vehicle. But you have pulled up SO far that you are taking up two parking spaces. At the very front of the store.

Gripe the Third:

Just the opposite of the second. You have a huge ass vehicle, but the front half of your parking space isn't even being utilized and the back half of your vehicle is sticking out into the aisle to where the rest of us have to swerve around awkwardly to avoid clipping it and ripping your tail lights off.

I'll admit I suck at parking. And although people might laugh or roll their eyes at me, I almost always will walk around my truck to make sure I'm not obnoxiously parked, and if I am, I get back in and fix it.

And I'm not even sure what to say when I'm in a 'prime' spot and come back out at the end of the day to find my truck surrounded by shopping carts. I've notice people especially like to put those big ones with the seats in the front for kids or elderly people and park them RIGHT behind someone's car. Assholes.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.
Working...
X