This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Primer View Post
    I'm the same way, and always have been. Also, the worse the situation is, the calmer I am.

As for pain scales, the one here is the one I've found to be most helpful:
    http://workthedream.wordpress.com/20...n-scale-chart/
    I've printed it out and given it to all my doctors. My pain management doc loves it!
    I have never seen this scale. Thanks for this!
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My preferred pain scale:

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
        As for pain scales, the one here is the one I've found to be most helpful:
        http://workthedream.wordpress.com/20...n-scale-chart/
        I've printed it out and given it to all my doctors. My pain management doc loves it!
        Bless you bless you BLESS YOU!!!!!

This is going to make SUCH a difference!

Okay. On THAT pain scale, I've not experienced less than 3 since childhood/teen years, and been on 9 many times.
        Currently, a good day is 4, a bad day is 8, I'm usually between 5 and 7.

Edit: some aspects of 7 (interferes with thinking, can't live alone) are present on all but my absolute best days.

I'm going to make multiple printouts of this. Thank you SO MUCH!!!!
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I am so saving that pain scale thing and printing it out. My headache dr has the typical one in her office and I would love to give her this one
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I've never before seen a pain scale that was actually useful. Every other one I've seen was just numbers, which did me no good at all.

I live on the border between 3 and 4, and thankfully stay mostly in 3 territory.

I've had some injuries and illnesses that have sent me up to anywhere from 6 to 8, but thankfully those were treatable or could be waited out.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              My preferred pain scale:

Now that is just TOO damn funny! I love it and will share it with my colleagues here at the CC.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              I've never before seen a pain scale that was actually useful. Every other one I've seen was just numbers, which did me no good at all.

I live on the border between 3 and 4, and thankfully stay mostly in 3 territory.

I've had some injuries and illnesses that have sent me up to anywhere from 6 to 8, but thankfully those were treatable or could be waited out.

^-.-^
              The 1-5 scale and 1-10 scales were the first pain scales. Then Donna Wong and Connie Baker added the faces for kids benefit. The Wong Baker scale has become the defacto standard even for adults because for most people it works.

It's also completely subjective and open to abuse by drug seekers. But for most patients get gets the idea across enough to medicate them properly.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Wow, I love that pain chart! Right now, I'm at a 5, but a true migraine is usually a 7 - sometimes an 8 (that's when I want to jab an axe into my head, because it'd hurt less...).

I think the next time I go to the doc, I'll print this off to give them an idea of my pain level, because I know I won't be able to think straight.
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I once had an anxiety attack that hit an 8, and a pain medication free post surgery that came close to a 9.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post

Im continually amazed to see the medications people take and have no idea about what theyre for, or the name or even what they look like.

O boy. I guess that *does* indeed make my family a bunch of weirdos. Perhaps not dad, but mom and sis and I usually know exactly what we're taking, what it does, and how it reacts.

Then again, Dad use to bring home outdated copies of the PDR for us to look at until the company stopped chucking the old ones etc. (I think they went to a computerized version).

Comment

Working...
                    X