Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This picture reminded me of this post today: http://www.cakewrecks.com/display/Sh...=1351581980831 The caption is "This is my happy face."
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Why don't you get me a Pepsi?
      All I wanted was a Pepsi.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        It's simple, really. Some people who are "in the zone" tend to look angry or upset to the rest of the world.

I can't even begin to count how many times classmates asked me if I was ok while I was nose-deep in a book. It took a bit for me to figure out that I just looked like that when I was concentrating.

So, no matter what the reason they're asking, whether out of concern or because they want something to bitch about, just let it go. Just say that you're busy, because you are, and move on. The assholes aren't worth even worrying over.

^-.-^
        I can be like that sometimes. If I zone out in concentration my face just goes into a neutral mode.

I use to have a teacher who would say to me, "You're frowning. What's wrong?" although not necessarily in a good way. Nothing was wrong, I was just concentrating on what she was writing on the board.

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
          I completely understand.

"Smile! Ah! There it is!" - After I awkwardly show them a tight smile.
          "What's the matter?"
          "Hey sweetheart, lighten up a little!"
          "You look miserable!"

Surprisingly, none of the above makes me feel better, or like smiling.
          Oh man do I hate this!! It's so sexist, too. It's always men who say it to me. It's like they feel threatened if a woman isn't pretty and smiling all the time.

Ok, this is going to sound sick, I know, but I totally got to shut some guy down who was doing this a couple weeks ago. Total stranger on the street tells me to smile and I told him "My mother died last week, that's why I'm not smiling." And it's true, my Mom did pass away a couple weeks ago.

And I totally enjoyed using that to shut him up.
          "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

^ a) I love you.
            b) It is sexist.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X