This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Tow or not to Tow

Background: We are the local AAA towing garage on a major highway but for some reason people have no clue. AAA member runs over a tire down the road, ends up in our parking lot with a cracked oil pan and comes in asking questions.

Mbr: Hi, I've been on hold for a long time with AAA. I broke down, do you know who the local towing company is?
    Me: That would be us
    Mbr: AAA?
    Me: Yes, how can I help you?
    Mbr: Any chance you can get this to go faster?

In the meantime, calls explode and we have 3 drivers now going every which way but back to the shop here. So I tell him that its going to be a bit and take his AAA card to put into the system.

Me: Ok sir, like I said it's going to be a bit but you're in the system so everything is now legit
    Mbr: You know I drive past here everyday and work in Philadelphia. Never had a clue that you guys did towing but I've seen your tow trucks. Say.. what's my ETA?

Seriously?

We finally towed him an hour later.

Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    the slings and arrows of outrageous dumbdumbs
    or to take arms against a sea of sucky
    and by opposing end them?

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
      Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer
      the slings and arrows of outrageous dumbdumbs
      or to take arms against a sea of sucky
      and by opposing end them?
      I could take arms.. but my boss was there and was probably doing just that before I could even get out of my chair

<3 you

Comment

I live near a truck yard; I see loads of moving trucks around here, I wonder if they do removals?
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth JarethsPet View Post
          I could take arms.. but my boss was there and was probably doing just that before I could even get out of my chair

<3 you
          You should always take arms, otherwise how are going to open the truck door?

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
            I live near a truck yard; I see loads of moving trucks around here, I wonder if they do removals?

LOL! Who knows?

Quoth Flyndaran View Post
            You should always take arms, otherwise how are going to open the truck door?
            I should steal them and use them for my own purposes. That will teach them!

Comment

Working...
            X