This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW and SCs

I found this very amusing and thought I would share this with you all. There is a portion of the game where you go into the memories of one of the characters and go to a brewery.

Uncle Gao says: Sorry, we aren't accepting visitors right now.
    Chen Stormstout says: I am no visitor, I am Chen Storm-
    Uncle Gao says: You should leave.
    Chen Stormstout says: But we are family. I am a Stormstout! From the Wandering Isle...
    Uncle Gao says: Are you deaf? We aren't allowing anybody in the brewery right now.
    Chen Stormstout says: There is no need to speak to me that way.
    Chen Stormstout says: Waaaait - what is going on behind you!?
    An Unruly Alemental is quickly growing in size!
    Uncle Gao says: Huh?! That's... that's nothing! Now GO AWAY!

(insert fight scene)

I was shaken, but I did not give up. I pursued the strange old brewer to ask some more questions.
    Uncle Gao says: What, were you sent to check up on me? Everything's fine! It's all under control!
    Chen Stormstout says: Come, speak with me! Let's sit down and talk. Have a beer together...
    Uncle Gao says: There will be no sitting. No talking. And none of your horrible beer!
    Uncle Gao says: Hey, what's that behind you?!

(insert fight scene)

Beer elementals, and now a hozen attack? Something was very wrong.
    I decided to give him one more chance. I wasn't about to give up on family.
    Keep running up and back inside.
    Uncle Gao says: How many times must I tell you... GO AWAY!
    Chen Stormstout says: I don't understand, old man. What have I done to upset you?
    Uncle Gao says: It's not what you've done, it's who you are. You are not welcome here, "Chen Stormstout."
    That was all I needed to hear. Shunned... by my own blood! I turned and left.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Heh, Uncle Gao is a bit of an idiot. The instance later is even better. He's really just jealous of the rest of his family, and the fact Chen is an adventurer too just drives home his inadequacies.

As an aside, Li Li is my most favorite Pandaren ever.

Comment

I haven't done that instance yet. I'm kinda slackin (got tired of doing dailies on teh mage and decided to level my paladin). >.>

But I do remember those quests and that scene in particular. I was a little sad for Chen.

Comment

Dread Wastes and you'll feel sorrier for him.

I wanted to feed Li Li to my ravager, but Spike took one look and said nuh uh.

SSB has some of the best lines in the expansion tho, if not the whole game...."What are you doing to our....flying beer monsters?!"
        "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
          Dread Wastes and you'll feel sorrier for him.
          Oh God some of the Dread Waste quests nearly killed me with tears. (The panda who had lost her husband and the little panda cub one damn near tore me and Lady Legira apart, they hit rather close to home.)
          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Awww, you don't like Li Li's sarcasm? I think that's what makes her so awesome.

And yah, the Stormstouts have not had the best year so far.

Comment

I found it annoying, lol.

Now Lorewalker Cho on The Spirit Kings trash made me bust a gut...if you've never paid attention, try to do so next time you LFR. Pay attention to the disconnect between the voiceover and the text for the Subetai intro while clearing for first boss. Totally deadpan...
              "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
              - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Yah, they definitely changed what they meant to say there.

In our raid, we're calling him 'Lorewalker Cho Bronzebeard", and we pray he and Bran never meet up. The trouble they could cause by 'what happens when I do this?' would destroy the world.

Comment

*grin* I had that thought also.
                  - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
                    Yah, they definitely changed what they meant to say there.

In our raid, we're calling him 'Lorewalker Cho Bronzebeard", and we pray he and Bran never meet up. The trouble they could cause by 'what happens when I do this?' would destroy the world.
                    He and Bran already HAVE met up... they're up in the Seat of Knowledge, together, where you go for your Lorewalkers Rep and Artifacts. XD

My favorite line from Stormstout brewery was one of the old ancestors jokes, I only heard it once... 'That last Paladin, he offered me Eternal Salvation...' 'Really? What did you say?' 'Kings, Please....'

Comment

Quoth DarkElement View Post
                      He and Bran already HAVE met up... they're up in the Seat of Knowledge, together, where you go for your Lorewalkers Rep and Artifacts. XD
                      As long as the two of them stay there together I have no problems. If I see both of them in a raid together my first thought is going to be "Oh HELL NO!" And book it out of there REAL fast.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

After Origination, I don't blame you!
                        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

"What does THIS button do?"
                          Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Who does the voice of Li Li? She sounds exactly like Amy Wong from Futurama. I looked on IMDB but couldn't find anything.

Comment

I just hate to think that Hozen is where they get Hoisen sauce.

Comment

Working...
                              X