This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor CW... Warranty SC

My new co-worker appears to be an SC magnet, poor girl. SCW magnet too. I don't understand how she runs across so many more issues than anyone else seems to. Even Miss Useless doesn't get the same level of SCs, despite making far more mistakes. My only guess is that CW is a bit timid. She knows her job, but she's not hugely confident about it, so maybe the SCs smell potential weakness and go after it.

Warranty shenanigans

Shortly after new CW starts, she does an auto loan for a customer. Not a purchase. Instead, the customer has a list of mechanical issues that she needs to get fixed, and is using the clear-title for the vehicle to secure an auto loan in order to give her the funds to make the repairs.

CW does the loan application. Now, as part of the application, we are supposed to bring up the optional add-ons that can be purchased. Life and disability insurance on the loan. GAP insurance. An extended warranty. Etc. CW may or may not have mentioned these things. Whether she did or not, when the loan was completed (by someone else) the person completing the paperwork goes over these options again and has the customer sign either an accept or a decline for for each option.

SC signed to decline each option.

Later, she looks into the warranty, or someone else tells her more about it, and she realizes that if she'd had the warranty, her repairs would have been covered! OMG! Eleventy!!!1!! No one EXPLAINED the warranty! So now the bank, or my dear CW personally, should pay for her car repairs in full or payoff the loan taken out to pay for them.

.... anyone seeing the logic fallacy here? Anyone?

So, ignoring the fact that the customer signed a decline form for the warranty. Ignoring the fact that there is no legal obligation to try to sell a customer an extra service. SHE WAS DOING THE LOAN FOR THE REPAIRS IN QUESTION. Even better, as part of getting the loan, she brought in an estimate detailing those repairs and the expected costs, of which we attached a copy to the loan application.

Now, tell me if you know ANY warranty that will pay for a repair when it has written proof, provided by the customer herself, that the problem existed BEFORE the warranty was signed?

Poor, poor CW. She tried to explain the various ways that the customer was SOL (politely), but SC would NOT listen and eventually actually lawyered up, so CW got to get away from her with the "I'm sorry, you will have to talk to legal at ###-####" repetition. (From what I heard, her lawyer didn't actually take the case, just let her pay him to babble at him... at least I hope it wasn't a free consultation. Would serve her right. But just the fact that she tried means no one but our legal department can talk to the customer about the issue now.)
    Last edited by bankworking; 11-09-2012, 01:06 AM.

Wow massively entitled and or a sucky scammer.

Comment

Working...
    X