This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously?!?

Just the other day I was going to the store by my house when I was stopped by this lady and her kid. This is what happened: L&K=Lady and Kid. K=Kitty

L&K: 'scuse me ma'am Excuse me!

K: yea?

L&K: me n my daughter been walking all day and we tired. We don't judge no one so kin you help us out?

K: *im generally a nice person IF you don't piss me off. *goes to hand a dollar

L&K: oh we was wonderin if ya kin spare a $10 or $20.

K: nope. Sorry here's a dollar

L&K: he'll with that!! What can a dollar buy?!?

K: *sarcastically sweet* Oh, did you decline? Said you were fine after all? Well... Ok *shoves dollar back in my pocket and walks away

L&K: FUCK YOU!!! FUCK YOU IN THE ASS!

K: Oh no thanks. Your not my type. Happily with someone.

L&K: Little fucking whore!

K: that's not nice to call your daughter a little fucking whore. You have a nice day now. And don't forget to fuck off.

L&K and daughter looked shocked. If mam had come up on me I would have smacked her one if she hit first. Turns out L&K were kicked off the property for harassing customers and mama had gotten smacked in the mouth a few times for shoving a customer.
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
    L&K and daughter looked shocked. If mam had come up on me I would have smacked her one if she hit first. Turns out L&K were kicked off the property for harassing customers and mama had gotten smacked in the mouth a few times for shoving a customer.
    Part of me is trying to be surprised by this. I'm not managing it.

Rapscallion

Comment

i always love how some people act like you somehow OWE them the money you worked for.

Comment

A lot of them are scams. They use their kids to get sympathy out of others. Well I'm done with being so nice. It's hard to tell who actually needs it and who is scamming.

Comment

AND then you report them to the police for panhandling and harassment
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I'd get that sort of scam all the time when I was working for Vold-Mort. Random scammer would ask for money to buy some oil for his brother's room-mate's cousin twice removed car.

They didn't like it when I would ask which car and I would say "Hudson Land Barge? That's a 5W30. I have a gallon of that in my trunk! Here ya go!"

Cue scammer running like hell.

B
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
              They didn't like it when I would ask which car and I would say "Hudson Land Barge? That's a 5W30. I have a gallon of that in my trunk! Here ya go!"
              Actually, that's the wrong oil. The last Hudsons were built before 5W?? became the preferred oil (even in the mid '90s, 10W30 was one of the more common oils, and Hudson merged with Nash to become AMC sometime around the late '50s/early '60s). I think Hudson predated multigrade oil, so 30 weight would have been a more appropriate choice.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Actually, that's the wrong oil. The last Hudsons were built before 5W?? became the preferred oil (even in the mid '90s, 10W30 was one of the more common oils, and Hudson merged with Nash to become AMC sometime around the late '50s/early '60s). I think Hudson predated multigrade oil, so 30 weight would have been a more appropriate choice.
                you could justify one of the used-hard-and-put-away-wet oils for heavily used and not yet rebuilt motors ... you could ask if it has been smoking and burning a lot of oil lately =)
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Really? If this lady and her kid are in such a spot to beg for money, panhandle successfully off of someone and want more instead of just swallowing their pride and just taking the dollar, she's running off of assumptions and possibly sheer stupidity.

"Ma'am, at the moment, this dollar is all I can spare. I can appreciate the position you're in, but this is one of maybe ten dollars I have to live on until next payday. Take it or leave it."
                  My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

People like this are why I never take my wallet out on the street. Never, ever. This town has dozens of agencies that can help, many of them within walking distance (or a short bus ride) from the area with the most panhandlers.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

What sent up red flags for me was her comment, "We don't judge no one." This is an advance warning, IMO, that they don't really need the money and are laying a pre-emptive guilt trip on the potential giver to prevent said giver from considering this very possibility.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                        What sent up red flags for me was her comment, "We don't judge no one." This is an advance warning, IMO, that they don't really need the money and are laying a pre-emptive guilt trip on the potential giver to prevent said giver from considering this very possibility.
                        indeed.

of course that also makes her a liar cos she was indeed VERY judgmental when she didn't get what she hoped for.

kinda like those scammers who claim they haven't eaten in days... but when you offer them food they turn their noses up at it.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                          That would be when my inner smart ass would reply, "So, you judge EVERYONE?".

Working in Memphis, I have to deal with a LOT of panhandlers. Best bet is to just ignore them, or just say "NO" before they open their mouths.

Comment

There's only ONE homeless guy I wil give to. His nickname is RedMan for obvious reasons. Oncej gave him $5.00 and it took him 3 wks to pay it back. But rather then $5.00 he gave $7.00 pay back. He's a stubborn guy (worse when drunk..then he can get violent if pushed) he gave back interest because he says its the right thing to do in his opinion if it takes longer than what he said.

Comment

Working...
                            X