Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dare you have delicious desserts!!!

Sometimes, for Ss and Gs, I like to read Yelp reviews of the restaurant I used to work in. Yelp wasn't around back when I worked there, and I'm starting to become pretty thankful for that. Some of those reviews are like nasty comment cards on steroids.

Anyway, I found this one gem where the woman complains that the place isn't "family friendly." She complained about not being offered a booster chair and a kid's menu with crayons. I suppose I can see that, since a good server will usually offer them. But is it really THAT big a deal to have to ask for it? It's not like the waitress would say "no, because I hate kids!"

But the real kicker came with this comment:

Quoth EW parent
    And at the end they bring a huge plate of 8 cake pieces to offer a dessert, and although I understand its a bakery that almost sent my 2 year old over the top when I declined piece
    Umm, ok? So the server brings around a dessert tray that you presumably asked to see, and then you say "no thanks" and blame the restaurant for having delicious desserts that make your kid cry when he can't have them??!!

The only way that complaint would even have a shred of legitimacy is if the server brought the tray around without asking the customer if she was interested in dessert. But when I worked there, standard practice was to ask the customer if they want dessert FIRST, THEN bring the tray around. Unless that's changed, which I doubt, this is probably one of the dumber complaints I've read. What's next, complaining to a mall manager for having a candy store that you "have" to walk past that makes your kid scream and beg for it??!!
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Quoth Giggle Goose
    Umm, ok? So the server brings around a dessert tray that you presumably asked to see, and then you say "no thanks" and blame the restaurant for having delicious desserts that make your kid cry when he can't have them??!!
    Unfortunately the kid is too young to understand the cake is a lie.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying til you run out of cake...

Comment

I'm reminded of one of the UrbanSpoon reviews of a local BBQ place. This is not a high-falutin', we eat everything with knife and fork BBQ places. This is a good old-fashioned family-run finger-lickin' we-serve-on-styrofoam-plates BBQ shop.

One of the reviews complains about how the owner came out of the kitchen and told a 3-year-old kid that was being overly loud in the dining room to "cut the noise." Other complaints are usually about how the owner (an avowed Libertarian) likes to post political statements in support of Libertarian ideals on the sign outside his restaurant. I find it amusing that they harp on those things, but say little, or nothing, about the food itself.
        Dealer hits... 21. Table loses.

This happens more often than most people want to believe.

Comment

Quoth PhiSigGirl1988 View Post
          But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying til you run out of cake...
          Goddammit, that's going to be stuck in my head all day now. Along with Call Me Maybe (I didn't recognize it in time to change the station).
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Tuxian View Post
            I'm reminded of one of the UrbanSpoon reviews of a local BBQ place. This is not a high-falutin', we eat everything with knife and fork BBQ places. This is a good old-fashioned family-run finger-lickin' we-serve-on-styrofoam-plates BBQ shop.

One of the reviews complains about how the owner came out of the kitchen and told a 3-year-old kid that was being overly loud in the dining room to "cut the noise." Other complaints are usually about how the owner (an avowed Libertarian) likes to post political statements in support of Libertarian ideals on the sign outside his restaurant. I find it amusing that they harp on those things, but say little, or nothing, about the food itself.
            Reminds me of a review I saw of a little deli-kitchen boutique place that used be here. Some ninny bitched that "Nothing was cheap there. Nothing." Dumbass, it was a specialty shop with gourmet cookies and ice cream! You want cheap, go to the supermarket bulkfoods section! That place had fantastic specialty ice cream (raspberry-lavender, probably the best ice cream I've ever had), among other things.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Sounds like somebody who would complain that they can't take their kids to the "gentlemen's club" because there are naked ladies there!
              "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

She should be glad she doesn't live in midevil Church of England:

"Cake or Death?"

Comment

Quoth ThanosIsKing View Post
                  She should be glad she doesn't live in midevil Church of England:

"Cake or Death?"
                  Death. Ah! I mean cake!
                  "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                    Death. Ah! I mean cake!
                    Sorry, we're out.
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                      Sorry, we're out.
                      Well, so my choice is 'or death’? I’ll have the chicken then, please.

Comment

"Anyway, this cake is great; it's so delicious and moist."

Love that game.

Anyway, I've been in candy shops and have heard people complain that there aren't any sugar free options. Really?
                        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          Well, so my choice is 'or death’? I’ll have the chicken then, please.
                          Taste of Human sir. Thank you for flying Church of England

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            Unfortunately the kid is too young to understand the cake is a lie.
                            My cake slice that I got to enjoy last night wasn't a lie . . .it was Chocolate Raspberry Truffle and it was delish.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                            X