This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    I don't even have a punchline here. Do I even need one?
    Some people are their own punchlines...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Not in my new position yet. This is just a going out of business sale. >.>

Comment

Hi Gravekeeper! Glad to see you.

Your SC was...I don't know. As someone else said, why shop around if the price is "free"?

Humans are so confusing.
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

'Can you price-match free.'

Sure! Here's a puppy, a pack of gum and an overstocked copy of the March 2010 issue of Game Informer!
          My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

*snicker* I'll throw in a two-year-old can of beans and last week's newspaper.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              In that people form lines to punch them, perhaps.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                In that people form lines to punch them, perhaps.
                Isn't that what those long lines outside of the Mart of Wal on Black Friday Thursday are for?
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm a bartender. People try to get free stuff from me all the time.

Notice the key word: "try."

Because one of the basics of Bar Etiquette is that you don't ASK the bartender for free drinks; he/she TELLS you when you're getting them. Those who ask for free drinks almost never get them because, well, they annoyed the bartender by being cheapass fucktards.

I have also had people mistakenly believe that "bar" is the same as "retail" or "bazaar" and try to have me price match.

Again, the key word here is "try."

THEM: "Yeah man, up the street at the Gravekeeper Tavern their Coronas are only two bucks."
                  ME: "You probably should be drinking them there, then."
                  THEM: "What, you're not gonna try to beat that price, man?"
                  ME: "No. Our Coronas are five bucks."
                  THEM: "That's ridiculous! I don't want to pay five bucks for a Corona!"
                  ME: "No one's forcing you. But if you want to drink here, that is the price."

Yada yada yada, you get the idea.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

I love how they smack into the wall of Jester's Awesomeness.
                    Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 11-19-2012, 09:11 PM. Reason: can't type today, I guess...:\
                    -----

Comment

I would have been sorely tempted to ask, "Exactly how do you suggest I price-match 'free'??"

Quoth EricKei View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X