This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Dead

This one I almost always forget to post but remembered while waiting for my shower to warm up.

Anyways, at my store you must be 18 (years old not months, really whoever asked in another post) to stay in the store. We check ID on people who appear under 30 as per policy to be on the safe side.

Que this guy, Mr. Braindead tries to come in one of the first times I'm closing so I'm tired! I ask for ID and BD is only 17.

Me: I'm afraid you're going to have to leave. You need to be 18 to be in here.
    BD: But my friend said that I could be 17 and still look around, just not by anything.
    Me:I'm Sorry you were misinformed. You're friend's wrong.
    BD: repeats above
    Me: *eye twitch* stands my ground

I relay this tale to the MOD who tells me that BD has attempted to come in before with the same bullshit.

Que a few months later, (last month) it's a few days before Halloween and I decide to check out the Halloween store across the street. No problem right? WRONG!

I get stopped shortly after arriving at the store by a guy I don't recognize in a Captin America costume. Turns out he's BD.

BD: seeing my uniform, Oh you work at 'Tower'?
    Me: usually after this I get a high five or whatever Yes...
    BD: Oh they don't let me go in there. I don't know why.
    Me: still not quite recognizing BD, how old are you?
    BD: 17.
    Me: You have to be 18 to come in the store.
    BD: But my friend said that I could be 17 and still look around, just not buy anything.
    Me: everything suddenly clicks, instant recognition. I told you before, you're friend is wrong. Wait till you're 18.

And then! I walk away! Seriously if I had stayed longer I would've lost it being at war with his stupidity. Just how he goes by with it makes me want to take a dong we sell that's 13" long and 2.5" wide (w/ a suction cup and it smells like cherries) across his face. Violent? Yes. Do I care? No.

Obviously a true devotee of the "If I say it often enough, it will come true" philosophy ...

Comment

His brain got lost commuting between head #1 and head #2?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Dude, you missed out. THIS was your opportunity to get rich by saying, "Well, MY friend said that if you come in here, that YOU would pay me $20 every minute..."
        1. Profit off of dumb SC
        2. Retire.

Comment

Quoth Amajean View Post
          Anyways, at my store you must be 18 (years old not months, really whoever asked in another post) ...
          Well, my friend told me that the "18" refers to a measurement that has nothing to do with age.

Comment

Working...
          X