This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to use yours!

So because of the events in my Off Topic thread, I'm having to use either my iPhone and the mobile hot spot for the internet for DaDairyDruid and myself or in my case, going to the local library to use the free wifi there.

I'm currently at the library now, just catching up on forums and so forth, when a kid comes up and sits next to me.

Me: Uh..hi?
    Kid: Can I use the computer when you're done?
    Me: No, this is my personal laptop. If you want to use a computer, then you'll need to sign up for one over there. *points to the free library computers*
    Kid: But they're all in use (they were)
    Me: Then you'll need to learn patience. *goes back to surfing.*

The kid leaves and comes back a few minutes later with another person who I am guessing is a parents and the same conversation ensues. I sigh and flag down a library worker and explain to them that these two need a computer, can they please show them where to sign up.

I just saw the two of them leave and both gave me a dirty look. Just because I didn't let them use my laptop.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

I wouldn't have been so nice.
    "No this is MY computer, use a library computer."
    When he came back w/ parental units I would have been like "Get the F away from me!"

Comment

No, no, the correct response when he returns with a parent is to say, "Oh, I see you've brought him over to apologise for being a presumptuous little 'what's yours is mine and what's mine is my own' turd. Go ahead!"
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Good God, what entitlement whores. I wouldn't have been as nice as you were.

Comment

You are nice. I would have never let him use my computer EVEN for a second. And I wouldnt give two tin shits about the dirty look either. It's not like Mom or Dad might take a swing. (although I have seen an attempt once by a parent after an ensuing arguement attacking their entitlement whore rights) but today's age nothing surprises me anymore.
          NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
            No, no, the correct response when he returns with a parent is to say, "Oh, I see you've brought him over to apologise for being a presumptuous little 'what's yours is mine and what's mine is my own' turd. Go ahead!"
            Perfect!

Or possibly (when he came back with parent), "Oh, sure he can use my laptop! While he's busy, I'll borrow your car and run a few errands. Hope you have lots of gas in it!"

Comment

I'd have been tempted to say to the kid, "Sure. It's $5 per minute. Go get cash from your parents."
              Then when they come back en masse to bitch about the price, "The fee is to cover the spam and spyware removal that your little surfer gets while using my personal laptop. Oh, you wanted a free computer? Talk to the librarian."

Comment

Library has computers; you're in the library using a computer; therefore, your computer must belong to the library which means anyone can use it.

Anything you say to an EW goes in one ear and out the other, since there's nothing in between to catch it.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Kid: But they're all in use (they were)
                  Me: Then you'll need to learn patience. *goes back to surfing.*
                  To be honest I don't think there's anything else you could have said that would have worked. You told him it was your personal property and he still acted like he had a right to use it. Then he tried to get Mommy and Daddy to FORCE you to give him your laptop? And it sounds like even THEY thought you had to give it up because little Precious couldn't wait.

Although at that point.... I don't think they even deserved your help in signing him up. Not if they wanted to act like you owed them the use of your own property.

Comment

That's so… weird. I wouldn't even know how to respond to a stranger asking to use my computer/tablet/whateverthehellelse. It's even weirder that the parent agreed that the child should ask.
                    There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

I agree with the already expresses sentiments, also I would have not have been as polite as you after ew's parents showed up.

Comment

Working...
                      X