This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dad

My Dad is a very successful owner of several companies in the past 50 years and only just now started using a computer and writing a blog. Today I came across the reasons for his success.

One of these reasons is: "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Can we please put him in line for the cloning machine? More companies need to be run this way.

A link to his blog for all who are interested. Just a warning, he is religious and not afraid to tell people about it.
    http://thecontrarianprophet.com/
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Really, we need more of him. My dad had the same philosophy. They are both the same generation, educated before the current crop of idiots running the business education field.

[I am heartily considering cornering David Friedman at Pennsic next year and harranguing him about things. Maybe if we can get a toehold in about what is wrong with business today we can start a bit of change?]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

You don't need to clone him. Just let me know if he is hiring.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
      X