X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome car dealership

And I'm not even a customer!

I backed out of my parking space at school today and heard a lovely *CRUNCH*.

I'd backed into one of those concrete thingies that sit at the edges of parking lots. I peered under my car but it looked OK so I took off for home.

"Looked OK." Hah.

About a third of the way home I started to hear an awful noise from the back of the car ... like something dragging on the road. Yep, one of the braces for my muffler had decided to part company with the underbody.

I pulled over directly in front of Rocky Motors, a used-car dealership. I went in to ask if they had any advice, and figured I'd probably be calling a tow truck from there as well. I was cursing myself for letting my CAA membership lapse, and wondering how I'd get to school tomorrow (I have a group presentation I can't miss), get to work on Thursday, etc., etc.

The guy at the desk had other ideas. He checked the car and told me to pull around to the service bays. "Whatever you do, DON'T back up." Then he took one of their mechanics off whatever job the mechanic was doing and had him put a new brace on.

The mechanic was done in no time, and after thanking him, I returned to the front office to pay. The guy made a mock cat-butt face and waved his hand. "Are you kidding?? Just remember us when you're in the market for another car."

Damn right I will!

In the meantime I think I'll take them some Christmas cookies.

More than awesome. Doesn't it make your day? And probably did for the Rocky Motors folk too.

Comment

And tell everyone you know about the awesome service that you got from them. That is the kind of place I like spending my money.

Comment

Absolutely! If they treat non-customers like this, I'm willing to bet their customers get even better!

Comment

Definately need to keep that awesome place in mind! And Christmas cookies are in absolutly in order!
          Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

i'm betting they'll love cookies!

Comment

That is really awesome of them! I think they'd love those cookies too...

Comment

Smart move by the guy at the desk. Sounds like what your car needed was literally a "5 minute fix", with the cost to the dealership being peanuts compared to the profit on selling ONE car - and they turned it into free advertising.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X