This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear, I'm a magnet...

I was working this morning as the self checkout attendant. Only my second time doing this since I'm usually on service counter, but it wasn't too bad. It was a Tuesday morning, so it was pretty slow. But over the course of an hour and a half, I had these four gems...

BG: Box Guy
    Me

BG: *comes up to RAP station with his cart* Do you guys have those tote box things like [other store in our chain]

Me: Yep, there will be a stack at every check out or I can grab you one if you want to use the self checkouts.

BG: *blank look* But do you have the boxes?

Me: Yes. At every checkout lane. You can just grab one.

BG: So... *stares* boxes? I need them. I don't want to do self checkout though.

Me: *walks him over to one of the four open register lanes and points out the boxes* Right there.

BG: OH! You do have them!

I couldn't even answer.

Ten minutes later, a guy came and asked me for the time. I told him it was ten after nine. He stares at me and asks for it again. I tell him again. He stares again. "So... 9:10?"

SCO customer: Hey, do you have time for a self checkout?

Me: Sure, did you have a question about how to use them?

SCOC: Do you have time for a self checkout? I need a self checkout.

Me: *thinking self means YOURself, not MYself, but follows him over anyway to show him how the machines work* You just scan it across here and set it in a bag or on the bagging platform so it recognizes the item and you can go on to the next.

SCOC: *starts handing me things, then starts trying to take other things off the scale*

Me: Sir, please leave those there or the machine will give me errors. *I finally just asked him to step aside and finished out the order for him after repeating this about four times*

I went to stock our coupon table by the entry during some down time. I've got a cart full of ads to put out and I'm straightening and pulling any torn up ads that have been left behind. As I'm doing that, a man comes up to me (not a regular, so I doubt he knew I usually worked at the service counter).

Man: I need a money order.

Me: *glances down at all the coupons in my hands, then back at him* You'll have to go to the service counter for that. It's right behind you.

Man: But I need a money order.

Me: Yes, they'll do that for you at the service counter. Any of the three ladies working there can help you with that.

Man: Money order?

Me: Service counter. Behind you. Turn to your left and get in line there.

Man: But there's a line! I need a money order!

Me: *thinking Am I supposed to just pull the printer out of my butt?!* The line goes fast. I'm sorry, I'm just doing coupons...

He finally left, still muttering about it, and I got out of there as fast as I could manage. I swear, I'm a magnet. They all came to find me today! They weren't really mean or nasty, so that's why its here and not in SCs, but I spent my entire day ing.

And now, time for another drink because I don't have to work tomorrow!
Working...
X