X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
    Kerman, in the golden state?
    yup, if you are really familiar with Kerman, on the river bank part of the Sawall ranch, as I was hanging out with Kurt at the time.

Actually, when I was originally there back in '89 it was a very nice small town, when we were back this past winter, it had *grown*

Rob's mom lives in the Tower district of Fresno. As much as I detest southern California, I could actually live in Fresno/Kerman. His Dad and step-monster live in Yucaipa, which is barely tolerable.

[I could seriously get accustomed to the great farmers markets in Fresno, and the lovely lovely artichokes that are not $2.50 each for frostbitten small ugly ones like are available in Connecticut. I like the 2 for a buck huge lovely freshly picked globe artichokes.]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago, we FINALLY got the old system back, after fifteen months or so of utter hell with the "new and improved" system. Even with all the glitches we still have to work out, even with all the things we still have to update, and even with all the things that is wrong with THIS system, it is leaps, bounds, years, and galaxies ahead of that "new" system we were working on.

And, as an added bonus, several staff are getting slightly used iPads at a severely discounted price. The crappy system ran off of them, and the old standby does not. And luckily, I am one of the staffers getting that discounted iPad. Sweet!

Helpful Hint: If your boss decides it would be a well idea to switch their point-of-sales computer system to POSLavu, tie them up, gag them, hide them in the closet, and forge their signature on the paperwork that ensures that they do not, in fact, switch to that ridiculously crappy system.

If you think I am exaggerating or being overly dramatic, please refer to my original rant against this system, linked in the OP here.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

NO NO NO

a couple of sticks of DYNAMITE THEN beat it to death with a bat

OR you could arrange to have it run over by a bulldozer
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Good news: I am one of the staffers that ended up with a used iPad. Luckily for me, the iPad in question had been wiped, so no disgusting residue of the offending POS system left on it. Just as if it were brand new.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
          X