This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
    may have got confused with colouring the opticians ... a homophone of the puzzle-solving professor who goes around with Luke. Black Opticians is s'posed to be Vision (fast train synonym).
    Completely off topic, but I'm kinda curious - if neither you nor PandaHat work in one, and you're not being libelous (or particularly uncomplimentary as far as I can see) why the circumloquacion?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      Completely off topic, but I'm kinda curious - if neither you nor PandaHat work in one, and you're not being libelous (or particularly uncomplimentary as far as I can see) why the circumloquacion?
      Habit? Also I guess if we post something later about them being lame then it can get traced back.

Comment

O.o

Good point.

I think I have to go with Panda's response. I see 'Mart of Wal' variants all over this site - I didn't think that it might be only people who work there who might have to worry about it.

That and the 'colour-coded for your convenience' was amusing to me.
        "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
          What sillies Yay for binocular vision!!
          Without glasses, I don't actually have much binocular vision. My right eye sees blur-shapes, and my occipital lobe seems to have mostly ignored the input from that eye for years: until I got glasses, and suddenly WOW! Three dimensions!

Now: background.

One of the security devices on Australian money is microprinting. There's what looks like lines behind the portraits of famous Australians. Most of the microprinting just says 'Five Dollars Five Dollars...' or 'Twenty Dollars Twenty Dollars...' etc. On the ten dollar note (which has Banjo Paterson's face on one side), the Banjo side has part of 'The Man From Snowy River' printed on it.

Without a magnifying glass or exceptional - as in, read the bottom line of an eye chart exceptional - vision, you can't read the microprinting. It's that small. Counterfeiters would have to get hold of very expensive printing machines to counterfeit the microprinting on even the five dollar notes. (Hey, our Mint has the machines anyway, why not use it on all the banknotes?)

My vision in my good eye is deteriorating.

.... I can no longer read the microprinting.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

A mate of mine has poor binocular vision, to the extent that he'll need to wear his glasses all the time soon, and we couldn't go see the Hobbit in 3D (we went with 2D and got VIP seats instead ^^)

And I loooooove Aussie banknotes. Family over there usually sent me as a kid a note/notes of varying denomination for presents. They're so pretty!! And I love that they decided to print something other than just the amount in the microprinting.
            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Working...
            X