Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hobbit, An Unexpectedly Horrible Journey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hobbit, An Unexpectedly Horrible Journey!

Today was the day that I have been waiting for for 11 years, ever since the 1st LOTR movie came out. The Hobbit was released!!! In case you didnt realize, I am a huge LOTR fan and have read the books many many times over. I got to go see the movie tonight, below is what happened.

My friend and I went and got our tickets (2 hrs in advance, we arent stupid) for the last showing of the night and went to stand in line, we were 2nd in line behind 2 guys who had already been there 3 hours! I went and got us some snacks and managed to snag a really cool Hobbit cup with Gandalf sitting on top, really awesome. 2 hrs later of dealing with line cutters, grumpy people, and some really cool fans, we got to go into the theater and found awesome seats. The screen was blank which was unusual since normally there are commercials playing.

20 mins later of staring at a blank screen, the theater manager comes in and tells us that the movie has been delayed but it will still be shown on time, just without the commercials and trailers beforehand. 10 minutes later, the manager comes back and tells us that there has been more delay and that we will have to wait an additional 30 mins for the movie. At this point a person in the audience stood up and started berating the manager demanding 2 free passes to the next few showings, a refund, as well as free food from the concession. This is out loud in the middle of the theater. He is making quite a ruckus and several people told him to STFU and sit down. The manager explained that there was nothing he could do but if people would want to leave now, that they would get a refund at the service counter. Several people (like 2/3 of the crowd) left at this point but not myself and certainly not mr SC. I didnt want to have to have waited so long for nothing.

5 mins later, Manager comes in and states that sorry people but due to tech difficulties, the movie was cancelled and that he would be giving out free movie passes as people left. Mr SC blew up at this point yelling and swearing at the manager demanding a refund, free food, etc. He actually went so far as to throw popcorn and other food at the manager. I left at this point, got my free pass, and went home. Unfortunately I did not get to see the outcome of this SC.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

When I went to see Revenge of the Sith I went to a small local place instead of a big chain. They had 8 screens and from what I understand they were trying to play the movie on all 8 with only one print. Something they had never tried before. The movie started and stopped a few times and they finally gave up. They gave everyone refunds and they lost a lot of money on that night.

Comment

Asking for free concessions I wouldn't say is unreasonable (when I had a movie cancelled once, the manager did agree to a free concessions coupon... after all, had we known that no movie would be playing we wouldn't have bought the concessions)... but getting your point across by throwing popcorn at the manager, yeah, that won't work (ftr, how I got the manager to give me a free concessions coupon was exactly by explaining the logic of I would not have bought the high priced concessions had I known I wouldn't see a movie that night, that I am willing to pay the mark up as part of the movie theater experience, but could have just as easily got the same food at home for a little over a dollar... he agreed and comped it... and at no point did I throw popcorn at him).
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Wow what a douche! My theater had speaker issues

Comment

Quoth ReverendBSB View Post
          When I went to see Revenge of the Sith I went to a small local place instead of a big chain. They had 8 screens and from what I understand they were trying to play the movie on all 8 with only one print. Something they had never tried before.
          Holy smoke!

I've done two films from one print and that was pretty much the scariest thing I've ever had to have to do as a projectionist. 8 is insane!
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Don't SC"s know that stuff lke that sometimes happens & you have to grin & bear it? Oh wait...I forgot where I'm at....LOL!

Comment

I don't know why people have to be so nasty.

Comment

Ugh. 1 of several reasons I never go on opening night.

I usually go Monday mornings (love having Mondays off) so as to avoid the rabble and hopefully not have to endure any technical difficulties.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                  I don't know why people have to be so nasty.
                  People aren't nasty. Hobbitsis is nasty, especially Bagginsis.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    People aren't nasty. Hobbitsis is nasty, especially Bagginsis.
                    Filthy hobbitses, they stoles it from uss, preciouss, and we wantss it BAACK!
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Filthy Baggins. We hates it, we hates it, we hates it forever!
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X