This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why oh why do I expect a different result

This happens so much I'm tempted to put it into Sucky Customers, but here goes:

You are the customer at my register. You are buying *whatever* that costs (let's say $5). You hand me something like $4.83 in cash. So, your balance is $0.17. What DO you do

No, that's not correct!!! What you do is ..... whip out your debit card, put the $0.17 on the card .... and then ask for CASH BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Usually $5.

How do you not see this for what it is ..... and WHY are you getting the CBF when I count the $5 back to you, specifically pointing out that I'm giving you back 4 of the same ones you JUST GAVE to me

People actually do this?

Comment

Some people are just stupid. Also some banks run programs where people get money back if they use their debit card. At one point I had people regularly making multiple 10 cent purchases of Laffy Taffy because of some bank's rewards program requiring a certain number of transactions with no minimum dollar amount.

Comment

That might explain the large number of under-a-dollar credit card purchases I see on selfscan every so often.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X