This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-sighting: At the last minute

So, we had a late grocery-shopping trip last night. The plan was to get some sammies after dinner. We finish shopping, and head into the sandwich place.

As they're slicing the bread, Hubs goes "Oh, oops."

Me: "What is it?"
    Hubs: "It looks like they close in 3 minutes."

I look at the time, and sure enough, it's 3 minutes until closing. I knew it was getting late, but I didn't realize it was that late. The staff said no problem, but I still felt bad. (I don't know what it is, but the staff here is always insanely happy.) Then, Hubby asked for his sandwich to be grilled, which takes even more time.

I tipped them $6 on a $19 bill, which I hope was enough to make up for our tardiness.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

i've done that. had no idea the store was already closed and there i was browsing.

i apologized a lot and felt like a jerk. even when they said it was ok

Comment

Personally, I was always able to tell when people were totally unaware of the time and truly apologetic and people who just didn't give a damn.

I didn't mind closing a little later after the former, the latter though would get everyone glaring at them and not going out of their way to help.
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

People who hold me up at closing time are my absolute, hands-down least favorite of all people. However, someone who just doesn't realize what time it is and/or is apologetic is instantly forgiven and all is well. I will go out of my way to make them understand that I am not the least bit irritated at them. Genuine ooops moments can and do happen to all of us and sometimes you just have to be understanding with people who meant no harm.
        I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X