Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure on the 24th I'll ruin a Christmas of a SC because I close the restaurant closes at 2 that day. They'll bitch about it closing early, and I'll inform them that the holiday hours have been posted for a month and a half already. Cue cat-butt face, and a ruined Christmas.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Don't feel bad -- in the fifteen years I've worked in various places, I have yet to ruin a Christmas. I may have pissed people off, made them complain about things, but I have not 'ruined' a Christmas yet.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I've only started in retail but I didn't manage to ruin anybody's Christmas this year -- and not only that, despite lineups and waits, we didn't even have any SCs!! NOBODY griped or bitched or whined or wanted massive discounts for the inconvenience! Obviously I don't belong on this site!!

Quoth The Masked Tutor View Post
        Just last week I ruined someones semester. They came in an hour before I got off for the day wanting me to teach them 16 weeks worth of math for the final. I didn't even get through factoring polynomials before time ran out.
        Wow, you're nicer than I would have been. All our teachers told us point-blank at the start of the semester that if we skipped classes, don't bother dropping in during the last week asking to be taught a semester's worth of work, because they weren't going to do it. (I see by your screen name that you're a tutor, not a teacher, but still ...)

Factoring polynomials ... I can see I'm going to be spending some time on Google trying to figure out what the heck that means ...

Comment

Quoth Juggler View Post
          I've been on this forum for about 6 years if you include a previous account under another name. I've been selling books in the same place for 13 years.

Yet, I've never had a chance to ruin anyones christmas.
          I've never ruined a Christmas, either. Never worked in retail, and my two food service jobs didn't get me hit for that. So don't feel bad. Not all of us can ruin Christmas.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
          X