This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind the Turn Lanes

I just got myself a new Ford Focus, so needless to say I'm probably a little more cautious than I've been with my old car but still. I was heading home from a friend's house and there are two left turn lanes to get on one of the streets that leads home. I was in the right lane and someone else was in the left lane. The green arrows come on only he starts to swerve into my lane and nearly takes off my front end in the process. Shortly after that, he decided he needs to turn right on the next street (which I don't get because it's a short street...but oh well). Gah!

Yeah... some people really don't get "maintain your lane" in situations like that. Was almost PIT-ed by a Prius because they went immediately from their lane next to me into mine, during the turn... if I hadn't had such a lead foot, and if it hadn't been a Prius, they probably would have been successful in giving me an involuntary U-turn.

Also, again, since it was a Prius, I was already mindful of them... used to be Volvos, but now I watch out for Priussessessss and late-model Hyundais... they seem to attract, at least in this area, drivers who are utterly uninterested with the process of actually, you know, driving.

[edit] The phrase "f***in' Hyundai" escapes my lips (under my breath) quite often during my commutes... almost as often as "Wow, nice turn signal, ***hole" (for those whose turn signal stalks are fingerprint-free)
    Last edited by DiRF; 02-17-2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Quoth DiRF View Post
      I watch out for Priussessessss and late-model Hyundais... they seem to attract, at least in this area, drivers who are utterly uninterested with the process of actually, you know, driving.

[edit] The phrase "f***in' Hyundai" escapes my lips (under my breath) quite often during my commutes... almost as often as "Wow, nice turn signal, ***hole" (for those whose turn signal stalks are fingerprint-free)
      Hey - as a Hyundai driver, I resent the stereotyping. Of course, mine's not a late model (it's old enough to drive, and in a few years it'll be old enough to give it ethanol-blended gas).
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I qualified it as "in this area"... I leave this county, and, bam, no issues with Hyundai drivers. Can't explain it. Hyundai is apparently the best selling brand in this county, and there are two HUGE dealers of them here...

Comment

Working...
        X