Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People are calling the cops?? Seriously?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People are calling the cops?? Seriously?!

Fowl invaders

My first thought was that the story was referring to our duly elected officials, but nooo ...

This reminds me of the time several years ago when Toronto made itself a national laughingstock by calling in the military. And they did this because of ... riots and chaos and mayhem, oh my?

Nope. Because it snowed.

That's right, folks ... they wanted the military to shovel snow.

And we wonder why the world doesn't take us seriously ...

They're protected birds so I can see why. Even though a different department handles it. They're kind of fast and they can be scary for kids and elderly people trying to get away.

Comment

Sounds like the birds are saying "Why should we leave? This was our turf long before your ancestors showed up. YOU get the hell out of here!"
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        Fowl invaders

My first thought was that the story was referring to our duly elected officials, but nooo ...

This reminds me of the time several years ago when Toronto made itself a national laughingstock by calling in the military. And they did this because of ... riots and chaos and mayhem, oh my?

Nope. Because it snowed.

That's right, folks ... they wanted the military to shovel snow.

And we wonder why the world doesn't take us seriously ...
        Um...how much snow?

Because one year we had seven feet of snow fall over a week's time. I think they had the National Guard come in to help with snow removal at one point.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Admittedly, the snowfall in Toronto was record at the time (approximately 25-35 centimetres of a mix of freezing rain and snow on less than 1 day = road hazard for anyone with more than one synapse), and Vancouver was roundly mocked for calling in the army to help with two-to-five centimetres the same year.

As for the turkeys, well, I'll just point out that the 30+ pound fowl happen to have fighting spurs on their feet, and a good stab-and-yank can go right down to the bone, or through the abdominal wall if you're stupid enough to try to pick one up or shoo it away.
          Last edited by Salted Grump; 12-25-2012, 07:08 PM. Reason: Added a part to kill a sentence fragment.

Comment

It's Ottawa - what do you expect from around here?

This should be a red flag -
            "People at the seniors’ residence, The Court at Barrhaven, were some of those who complained about the birds being a nuisance."
            We have them on the property at work and I see them often on the commute home. No big deal.

B
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

i was going to suggest eating them but then i saw you can't.

o well. at least you can scare them off. ... come to think of it my dog would probably be VERY interested in them ... not that we'd let her tackle with prey bigger than her of course

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                i was going to suggest eating them but then i saw you can't.
                Naturally. As any bartender can tell you, you don't EAT Wild Turkey - you DRINK it.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X